The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Very interesting! I've checked 'routes online' and there's no announcement yet, so you may be the one with the exclusive breaking news
    I got the email due to automatic seat changes (2 - 2 - 2) to (1 - 2 - 1).
    And when I try to do new booking, it also shows the 787 for both SQ618 and 622.
    But yes, the schedule page still shows A330

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
      9V-SCB is doing her first assignment SIN-KUL SQ119
      9V-SCB's first revenue service was BKK (SQ972/975) today.

SQ119 is KUL-SIN.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        9V-SCB's first revenue service was BKK (SQ972/975) today.
        yes, what a sweet surprise to find 9V-SCB on my SQ 972 today

such a gorgeous plane and the perfect match for the gorgeous multinational crew working the flight

the entire flight was so smooth and jazzy, def got me in the mood for all my meetings in town from the moment I landed

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
          The unlimited Boingo account is only for MasterCard World Elite cardholders. It's free to sign up - but as mentioned in our Citi Prestige MC review - it's not publicised by Citi. Instead, you must know you have a World Elite MC. Also, their list of airlines and aircraft that the service is available on is not kept up to date.

So far we have successfully used unrestricted data on the A350 and 787-10. It also works on Scoot 787-8/9 aircraft (same Panasonic hardware).

The new A380 didn't appear to offer Boingo as an option when we tried it. We haven't tried the 777 fleet but would suspect the Panasonic/T-mobile aircraft will allow it.
          Thanks very much for your excellent review and this gem of an information (at least to me). It's like a bit of a hidden treasure.

I'm looking forward to trying it out for myself next month on my KIX-SIN flight.

And welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

• https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-may-2018/

Singapore – Osaka Kansai
            eff 03MAY18 SQ618/619 operated 787-10 remains unchanged, replacing A330-300
            eff 16MAY18 SQ622/623 operated by 787-10, replacing A330-300 (Overall 2 daily 787-10)

Singapore – Tokyo Narita eff 18MAY18 SQ638/637 operated by 787-10, replacing 777-300ER
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• A pic, taken today from Bedok Jetty, of 9V-SCB, SQ's second 787-10, on final approach to Changi after operating SQ973 BKK-SIN...

A few other pics of 9V-SCB, from the same day, can also be found here...
              Last edited by yflyer; 11 April 2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Wow, didn't see NRT coming. Something tells me they're having a hard time selling PEY on Japanese flights. This could be why they still have unrefurbed 3-class 77Ws on Tokyo flights still.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Wow, didn't see NRT coming. Something tells me they're having a hard time selling PEY on Japanese flights. This could be why they still have unrefurbed 3-class 77Ws on Tokyo flights still.
                  Perhaps this will then allow one of the remaining three 77Ws to go get a makeover.

Comment

• A rumour is that bar TYO, all Japan flights will be changed to 78J this year.
                    Anyone hear something similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      A rumour is that bar TYO, all Japan flights will be changed to 78J this year.
                      I wonder if HND (634/635) will also change to a 78J later this year. The only thing that will remove is 8 First Class seats. The only way I believe the rumor is the fact SQ is deploying their 78J to Japan to begin with (Osaka, Tokyo/Narita) in addition to KUL and BKK as familiarization routes based on routesonline so far.

If HND does get switched, not only would it mean the afternoon flight losing 8 F but another unrefurbed-77W getting refitted. Although we are far from November, SQ336/335 and SQ334/333 still show a 77WR config so if the same thing were to apply this year during the Winter 18/19 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        A rumour is that bar TYO, all Japan flights will be changed to 78J this year.
                        The feedback at the beginning of the year was that many/most of the Japanese flights will get 787's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          The feedback at the beginning of the year was that many/most of the Japanese flights will get 787's.
                          This would possibly also involve the Seasonal CTS route (That I recall gets operated with a 772 during the seasonal period). No news of NGO yet so any announcement of that may be next since right now the 78J announcement has been on Japan and one Australian route (PER).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            This would possibly also involve the Seasonal CTS route (That I recall gets operated with a 772 during the seasonal period).
                            It was the A330 for SIN-CTS last December.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              Thanks very much for your excellent review and this gem of an information (at least to me). It's like a bit of a hidden treasure.

I'm looking forward to trying it out for myself next month on my KIX-SIN flight.

And welcome to SQTalk!
                              Same here, will be on SQ619 KIX-SIN next month and SQ618 SIN-KIX in June. I booked it due to the 50 Year Japan Singapore promotion so I could have a chance to try out the new Business Class cabin.
                              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                This would possibly also involve the Seasonal CTS route (That I recall gets operated with a 772 during the seasonal period). No news of NGO yet so any announcement of that may be next since right now the 78J announcement has been on Japan and one Australian route (PER).
                                Seasonal routes get whatever they have in excess at the time. I cannot see why CTS would get a 78J during high season while they are trying to maximise capacity on their regular routes, all of which will experience extreme demand which the higher capacity 78J will assist with. CTS is a high yield route with little competion, if any, that they would be happy to throttle capacity on, in order to keep ticket prices high.

There has "been word" on NGO and also FUK. The CEO said himself they intend to deploy the 78J to these two destinations, so we are waiting on an official schedule change confirming this. If that official schedule change is what you meant, perhaps express yourself with greater clarity and detail.

Comment

Working...
                                X