The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    SQ might have figured that PEY is a hard sell on short-, medium-haul flights which the 787-10 will operate. Instead of a small PEY cabin which would be hard to fill on a regional flight, more Economy seating might allow SQ to charge lower fares to counter low-cost carriers, taking advantage of the 787-10's low operating costs.
    But what if someone in Australia wants to fly PE to, say, London?

The number of toilets has also been reduced to pack more PAXs

I can only hope J seats remain proper J seat.

Not like domestic J on European airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      But what if someone in Australia wants to fly PE to, say, London?
      They'll still have other SQ PE-equipped aircraft on which to do so – A380s, A350s (non-regional) and Boeing 777-300s. Of course, it'll depend on what city they are flying out of, but not everybody gets their every wish granted: if someone in AU wants to fly premium economy to London, and no SQ flights from their home port have premium economy, then they can
      a) suck it up and still fly SQ
      b) consider the likes of CX or another airline with premium economy ex-AU.

Personally I think premium economy is a great class, and when done well it's a real winner – especially for daytime legs - the challenge always seems to be pricing, given how low economy gets these days. I also believe there is a wonderful alternate reality in which what we know as 'premium economy' is simply 'economy class' and the notion of 10-across 28 inch pitch seating is just a foggy dream from which Michael O'Leary wakes every now and again, thinks "Oh but that it could be so!" and then drifts back off to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        SQ might have figured that PEY is a hard sell on short-, medium-haul flights which the 787-10 will operate. Instead of a small PEY cabin which would be hard to fill on a regional flight, more Economy seating might allow SQ to charge lower fares to counter low-cost carriers, taking advantage of the 787-10's low operating costs.
        Or SIA have flip-flop in its PEY again. The 787-10 although regional but will see it flying anywhere 8 hours and even up to 9 hours. Hence the 787s will likely fly to cities in Australia like Melbourne, brisbane and Gold Coast too plus to East Asia up to Japan. Even the 777ERs,A50s, and A380s with PEY fles to even less than 5 hours flight with PEY. And further the 787 with 337 seats will be a tad too much seats than the aircrafts that it replaces which have less than 290 seats.

Comment

• I would have liked to see PEY on the 787-10 too, if only to provide some sort of consistency across different flights, and also connections (e.g Australia to London, as 9V-SIA has pointed out).

On the bright side, this is one of the few equipment types where you will be able to upgrade from Y to J using KF points under current KF terms. (But they should really create a new KF award to allow upgrades from Y to J even for flights with PEY.)

Comment

• Has any other PPS Club member here received the invitation to the launch? Wonder what's the 'criteria' for being invited...

Comment

• Originally posted by indo79 View Post
              I fly to PER regularly so this is bittersweet. I liked the economy seating of the A330s but if I fly C occasionally, would take the new Regional C, although the angled flat isn't that bad at all if I am not on the red eyes.

I did notice for June, the SIN-PER-SIN rotation will only be down to 2 A330s while the other 2 are B777s.

SQ still have A330s btw
              Never said SQ didn't. All I said was when they took delivery of them.

Anyway, as far as PER goes, the 787-10 (I think I'll say 781 from now on) will operate SQ215/216, replacing the A330 route. I think that explains some A330 changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

Anyway, as far as PER goes, the 787-10 (I think I'll say 781 from now on) will operate SQ215/216, replacing the A330 route. I think that explains some A330 changes.
                Instead of inventing your own aircraft type designator and possibly creating confusion, you may wish to know that the Boeing 787-10 can officially be referred to as B78X (ICAO) or 78J (IATA).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Remember when we had A330's?
                  What did you say, again? You claim that all you said was when they took delivery of them. You never said that. Instead, you simply asked if we could "remember when we had A330s". I don't know where you got your English lessons from but referring to "had" A330s clearly means that in the present, we do not have A330s.

And when you're confronted with your own gibberish, you show just how irresponsible and immature you are in being unable to own up to your own rubbish and take responsibility for making misleading statements, and instead try to squirm and twist your way out of what are very clear prior statements made by yourself.

Seriously, just spare us your nonsensical posts. Stop commenting for the sake of commenting. I've only been surfing SQTalk for a couple of years but it's already starting to annoy me when I have to on so many occasions scroll through many of your clogging and/or conjecture and/or speculation and/or ill-conceived posts. Grow up, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    (But they should really create a new KF award to allow upgrades from Y to J even for flights with PEY.)
                    +1

It's going to be a pain in the posterior (and a loyalty changer for me) if one cannot do a through Premium Economy Award or an Upgrade Award from Australia - Europe anymore, having one aircraft without Premium Economy on the Australian leg and one with Premium Economy for the European leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                      Instead of inventing your own aircraft type designator and possibly creating confusion, you may wish to know that the Boeing 787-10 can officially be referred to as B78X (ICAO) or 78J (IATA).
                      Every post he writes creates confusion because he refuses to listen to anyone else and makes up his own names. Sooner or later they'll become "Charlie Birds" so his idiosyncratic jargon can cause an even higher level of bafflement.

Thank you for this info though. The rest of us can use it.

Comment

• my flight SIN-BKK april 23rd SQ972, seems to have changes to seating config and does not designate aircraft type on my online itinerary with SIA, flying J class, now the buisness seating config is 1-2-1 from 2-2-2 A333, one cabin with row 11-20, only aircraft I can match this with will be the new B787-10, thought it would have a later enter of service in start of May, but I guess SIN-BKK runs are nice and short for crew training...looking forward to this flight and trying out a new cabin product if this turns out to be true....
                        Last edited by Nichardenberg; 26 February 2018, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
                          my flight SIN-BKK april 23rd SQ972, seems to have changes to seating config and does not designate aircraft type on my on-oline itinerary with SIA, flying J class, now the buisness seating config is 1-2-1 from 2-2-2 A333, one cabin with row 11-20, only aircraft I can match this with will be the new B787-10, thought it would have a later enter of service in start of May, but I guess SIN-BKK runs are nice and short for crew training...looking forward to this flight and trying out a new cabin product if this turns out to be true....
                          You're in luck! Enjoy the new aircraft.

Code:
                          SQ 972 0 SIN
                          23/04/18 9:35 BKK
                          23/04/18 11:05 787
                          Unavailable 
                          94% / 8m Z4 C4 J4 U4 D3 Y9 B9 E9 M9 H9 W0 Q9 N9 L9

Comment

• Thx for reply, will be interesting to see what the customized Stelia Opal regional business class seat will be like, lie flat and direct aisle access sounds great, especially when arriving from a long haul flight (Cph-SIN)....wonder when they start their flights to KUL and BKK for crew training, april 23rd is about 10 days before flight to Osaka/Perth, guess maybe it will be a flight with above avarage number of crew per passenger...
                            Last edited by Nichardenberg; 26 February 2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Hope to see a detailed seatmap once a report comes in. I've selected seats for May/June (KIX) by the window but not sure if the seat nearer to the window or away.
                              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
                                Thx for reply, will be interesting to see what the customized Stelia Opal regional business class seat will be like, lie flat and direct aisle access sounds great, especially when arriving from a long haul flight (Cph-SIN)....wonder when they start their flights to KUL and BKK for crew training, april 23rd is about 10 days before flight to Osaka/Perth, guess maybe it will be a flight with above avarage number of crew per passenger...
                                believed the schedule for KUL, BKK has been given. The extra crew training/familiarisation will be more for the tech crew rather than the cabin crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X