No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on one on the BKK flights. Seat map showing as 1-2-1 and quite a lot of rows. Any idea what's the design like? They have yet to reveal to public?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      I am on one on the BKK flights. Seat map showing as 1-2-1 and quite a lot of rows. Any idea what's the design like? They have yet to reveal to public?
      This article has pics.....................

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...tm_source=hero

Comment

• Interesting that the new 787s do not have Premium Economy seating altho its used for medium haul up to 8 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
          This article has pics.....................

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...tm_source=hero
          I know this article but it's not showing the actual SQ design. This looks quite generic and like it says "catalogue"

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            I know this article but it's not showing the actual SQ design. This looks quite generic and like it says "catalogue"
            Quite so - this is the base model which airlines can purchase "off the rack" or customise to their heart's content (with reason). Not sure when we'll see photos of the actual SQ seat, might not even be until the 787-10's delivery flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              From routesonline:

While the article you guys linked mentions about Osaka being the first regional destination, they're also giving it on regional test runs including KUL (similar to when they first received their A359).

Looking forward to the 787-10 joining the fleet
              Thanks. That explains the seat change notice I received from SQ. I checked my
              'trip details' and it still showed it was A330 and was wondering why was there a need to change my seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                1st day of service is 3/Apr unfortunately.
                Perhaps you want to delay your trip.
                drats... unfortunately not possible. I'll be back in MEL by then. Next time. Will have to wait for and see their other destinations as the fleet increases.

Thanks for the 9V-SKL

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  I think 3-3-3 was inevitable. At least this is meant for regional/mid-haul, where this is probably tolerable (As opposed to comfortable).

I am not a fan of 3-3-3 on a Dreamliner. Inferior to 9-abreast 777's or A350's. Even inferior to 2-4-2 on the A330's.
                  Not looking forward to the new standard on 787...3-3-3 economy !!

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                    Quite so - this is the base model which airlines can purchase "off the rack" or customise to their heart's content (with reason). Not sure when we'll see photos of the actual SQ seat, might not even be until the 787-10's delivery flight.
                    From a purely speculative point of view, I think it might be closer to the original "off the rack". It's not their flagship J product, and the current regional J has very little customisation.

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                    Not looking forward to the new standard on 787...3-3-3 economy !!
                    It's a sad fact that fewer and fewer people are willing to pay a premium for luxuries in Y, especially on regional flights for which the 787-10 is intended. Even CX is going down this path with their upcoming super-high density 773.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      From a purely speculative point of view, I think it might be closer to the original "off the rack". It's not their flagship J product, and the current regional J has very little customisation.
                      My sources indicate it's been given a suitably SQ make-over... but we shall have to wait and see just how much customisation there is

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                        My sources indicate it's been given a suitably SQ make-over... but we shall have to wait and see just how much customisation there is
                        I am presuming you are simply embargoed at the moment until SQ allow you to 'exclusively reveal' official pictures of the seat ?. I'd be stunned if you haven't seen them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I am presuming you are simply embargoed at the moment until SQ allow you to 'exclusively reveal' official pictures of the seat ?. I'd be stunned if you haven't seen them yet.
                          In this instance, be stunned. I've not seen any pics of the actual SQ seat and am not operating under any SQ embargo.

Comment

• Not sure how reliable this link
                            http://www.theindependent.sg/singapo...s-class-seats/
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Yeah the B781 will be debuting on SQ618 SIN-KIX on May 3rd.
                              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Am I right in thinking that the Thales IFE is going to be installed on the 787-10 and regional A350?

Comment

Working...
                                X