Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin - Bkk - Sin flights

Hi all,

New here, but a regular on this forum lurking and reading the many informative posts. I have an upcoming trip query which have resulted in me registering.

I fly to Bkk regularly on J class, usually leaving Singapore on the early morning flight SQ970 (for work) or the last flight of the day SQ978 (for pleasure). However, sometime in March, I took the then 1.10 pm flight (SQ 974) to Bkk and found that the plane was the one with Ultimo J seats.

I am making another trip to Bkk soon and would like to avoid the flights with the Ultimo J seats. I think going there is not an issue as I will be flying on the first flight out, SQ970, but would like to know which flight back from Bkk - Sin would use the plane that's fitted with the Ultimo J seats, so that I can avoid that particular flight number.

TIA.

Hi,

You may want to consider taking flights operated by the A330s as all of them are configured with the Regional J seats which are angled-lie flat beds.

Regards,
    Maverick

Comment

If you like the Regional JCL Seats on the B772 Retrofit Aircraft (38J 226Y), I think from now till early Sep, you can enjoy the change of aircraft before they go back to the Ultimo B772s. Enjoy!

Comment

It's very irritating that these Ultimo seats are still around. They have phased out lots of A330 and I flew to Hong Kong last week in the second generation of their Regional Business Class (dark brown leather) and then to Bangkok you still have the lottery of getting those seats that do not match the image and quality of SQ at all anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_lim View Post
          Hi,

You may want to consider taking flights operated by the A330s as all of them are configured with the Regional J seats which are angled-lie flat beds.

Regards,
          Maverick
          Thanks. I did consider that, but the return flight timing that I want shows that its a 777. So I thought if its possible to know which flight numbers are the ones with the Ultimo J seats, I will avoid them and maybe go with another timing instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            It's very irritating that these Ultimo seats are still around. They have phased out lots of A330 and I flew to Hong Kong last week in the second generation of their Regional Business Class (dark brown leather) and then to Bangkok you still have the lottery of getting those seats that do not match the image and quality of SQ at all anymore...
            Exactly. With Bangkok being a popular route, I am surprised that they are still using the 'dated' aircraft for these routes.

Comment

Given the fact that some of other 772s are getting the second retrofit within the past 6 years (now from Regional to Long-haul J), it remains a mystery why SQ decided to keep the Ultimo Seats still flying.

Comment

Working...
              X