Preview of inflight menu in J/F/R classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    Oh ok. That's unfortunate. Anyway I don't think I would BTC for PEY anymore after my first experience.
    Can Jumbojet Lover share to us what went unpleasant with BTC on PEY?

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    I think this is a great feature!! I've just decided to cancel BTC for 2 upcoming flights because the on board menu looks more interesting!
    Yes very much so, It's a great innovation!

Comment

The 2 Japanese Airlines ANA & JAL already had this service long ago including drinks list. Just that they don't have preorder meals in advance.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as.../guide/c/meal/

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/business/meal/

Comment

If the on board menu is more appetizing to passengers than the book the cook menu, then why people are booking the cook then?
        Shouldn't they allow passengers to pre-order the on board menu as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
          If the on board menu is more appetizing to passengers than the book the cook menu, then why people are booking the cook then?
          Shouldn't they allow passengers to pre-order the on board menu as well?
          Well not all the on board menu is more appetizing.. only some, and even then, only one choice at most (for my case). So I'm in trouble if that choice has run out by the time it reaches me.

BTC guarantees you get what you ordered, whereas leaving it to on-board menu leaves some risk of your desired choice running out.

I agree pre-ordering the on board menu could further cut costs, but perhaps that creates a great deal more logistic complications than just making the menu available for viewing online. Could be a step-by-step implementation.

Comment

Emirates also publishes its full menus for J and F ahead of time, though they don't offer anything like BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
              Can Jumbojet Lover share to us what went unpleasant with BTC on PEY?
              It's just not having any visibility over what's on the menu on your flight. I had some sort of braised beef stew for one of the meals from JFK. For the next meal, which I didn't BTC, the only dish that appealed to me was something similar to the BTC dish I already had. For breakfast, I didn't like what I booked and wish I didn't BTC because there were pancakes as one of the choices.

Being able to view the inflight menu beforehand would allow one to make a well-informed choice whether to BTC or not. For example, I would probably BTC if none of the inflight meal choices appeal to me. BTC does ensure you get what you want, but I haven't experienced having my meal choice run out very often on SQ so it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

Working...
              X