SQ Europe flight path changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Europe flight path changed?

SQ seem to be flying over Arabian Sea and into Iran for Europe flighs, previously flights were routed over northern India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, is it usual or new?

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
    SQ seem to be flying over Arabian Sea and into Iran for Europe flighs, previously flights were routed over northern India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, is it usual or new?
    I must admit I didn't take any notice of the route I flew in that region last night as I was fast asleep for 8 hours but on waking I was surprised how far north I was. I was treated to a view of Berlin from a northerly direction on my way into DUS. Normally I've flown in over Austria from memory. It's interesting that you mention this because I had the same sense something was different.

Comment

Probably weather related. Today's 308 has followed the usual route

Comment

I believe the routing varies depending on weather and other factors (avoiding conflict zones etc.).

In 2014, my flight SQ318 to London overflew Iran as well. In fact, we flew almost directly over Teheran Airport.

Comment

My SQ318 flight last year flew the usual route, but my SQ319 took the more northerly route. My best guess is weather.

Comment

Working...
          X