Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Heathrow customs/baggage how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Heathrow customs/baggage how long?

Hi All

I really need quick advise on how long it takes to deboard the plane and go through customs and pick up baggage. I will be travelling in SQ first SQ308, suppose to be arriving at 15:40 London Heathrow T2. I know it is a long walk, but with priority customs lane how long would it take to get baggage?

I am thinking of catching a Flybe flight London Heathrow T2 to Edinburgh on the same day leaving 18:20. Total time 2Hours40mins. I have to go through customs, collect baggage, re check in, go through customs and to gate.

Any suggestions if it is a good idea or not?

Hi, with Fast Track and at 308's arrival time the queue at UK Border usually isn't long at all. Won't take more than 10-15 minutes max usually. Your only concern should be to walk the tunnel from T2 satellite to MTB as quickly as you can. You should be out at the carousel before your bags. There's no queue at UK Customs at all. Thereafter it's just a lift ride back up to departures since there's no change of terminals involved.

As always, there are unforeseen circumstances that might delay you, but if all goes well uneventfully I'd say 2h 40 mins will make a decently safe connection.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
      Hi, with Fast Track and at 308's arrival time the queue at UK Border usually isn't long at all. Won't take more than 10-15 minutes max usually. Your only concern should be to walk the tunnel from T2 satellite to MTB as quickly as you can. You should be out at the carousel before your bags. There's no queue at UK Customs at all. Thereafter it's just a lift ride back up to departures since there's no change of terminals involved.

As always, there are unforeseen circumstances that might delay you, but if all goes well uneventfully I'd say 2h 40 mins will make a decently safe connection.
      Agree. 2 hour 40 mins with Fast Track at mid noon is more than suffcient. Fast Track literally will only be used by the F and J pax from your flight if your arrival timing does not coincide with other international arrival.

Comment

Do not assume that Fast Track is actually faster. Sometimes the normal immigration gates are much faster due to the higher number of officers available. Just do a quick scan the queues first on its length and the number of officers processing them.

But 2 hours is good time for a transit. The biggest time delay for LHR is actually the queue to land. Sometimes the plane can circle for 2-3 times before landing delaying it for 10-20mins.
        Last edited by CarbonMan; 30 March 2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Slightly unrelated question, but do PEY passengers get fast track in LHR?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
            Slightly unrelated question, but do PEY passengers get fast track in LHR?
            Used to at the very beginning of PEY service, but sadly, not anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X