• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't expect to see PEY in the 787-10

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      I didn't expect to see PEY in the 787-10
      I think it's essential if they want to fill PEY across the network because without it there's a restriction for connecting flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I think it's essential if they want to fill PEY across the network because without it there's a restriction for connecting flights.
        These will be the same as the new (or redesigned) seats for the new A380's right?
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Just found this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZoW1F6gyw
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            It seems that SQ is charging a premium over its new Premium Economy seat as well, as it is $400 more expensive if you are on SQ221/232
            Hmm.. it’s not unusual for a premium to be added to SQ221 given the demand for this flight, so it could just be normal.... but $400 does seem like a lot!
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• with its latest seats to be showcased in a few days, it only adds to the frustrations of SIA planes in its fleet having at least 5 different types of seats/configurations from the newest to the oldest. Dont think SIA will ever get its various types of seatings across from First to EY across all its fleet into a one or two types only.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                with its latest seats to be showcased in a few days, it only adds to the frustrations of SIA planes in its fleet having at least 5 different types of seats/configurations from the newest to the oldest. Dont think SIA will ever get its various types of seatings across from First to EY across all its fleet into a one or two types only.
                Well it seems like SRL and SVF will be gone within the next 6 months, so that cuts down J class to 3 types of long-haul, and 2 types of regional with the introduction of the latest products.

Hmm. Ok, as I typed that paragraph, I realised how silly that sounded. LOL!

As for F, we'll soon only have the old F on the 5 773s, while all 77Ws will have the new F. In any case, it's only been 2 types of F for a long time now. And of course for Suites we'll have the new and old.

Y will see 3 types I suppose - 77W/A350, A380/A330, and new A380.

PEY is where I think there're be very little variation between the new and the current. Probably just cosmetic updates but the basic idea will still be the same.

Comment

• In SQ's defence, I would say that most airlines of size would have the same problem of not being able to have a uniform product across their fleet at any one time. There is lead time involved in procuring the new seats, getting them certified, and then of course taking aircraft out of service for upgrades, so by the time the entire fleet has gone through the makeover, it is likely something better has come onto the market.

However, I would agree that they probably dropped the ball (somewhat) with their regional fleet cabin configurations. It's probably not entirely their fault either though as they probably never expected to have to keep the older 777s for quite so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                    In SQ's defence, I would say that most airlines of size would have the same problem of not being able to have a uniform product across their fleet at any one time.
                    I think SQ exacerbated the issue of non-uniform seats across its fleet by launching successive generations of seats more quickly than they can refurbish current aircraft. Few other airlines launch new seat products on such a short cycle (...2006, 2013, 2017...). A "price" to pay for constantly updating and offering industry-leading products.

Comment

• Now I see why Suites Savers have been a little scarce of late on 232 and 221.

Am booked on 232 in Feb and 221 in Mar, hope they stick! Ironically I was trying to hedge my bets across both A380 rotations and booked 232/221 thinking they're different rotations, hoping to get the new suites in one direction... a mistake that worked in my favour.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 October 2017, 03:49 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• One thing I would hope for First, Business and Premium Economy coming on November 2nd is that I hope they will have dine on request or a-la-carte service.

I think sometimes especially on a long haul flight you might want to straight to sleep before you get awaken for breakfast then you have the full meal.

In my opinion, for late night flights such as SQ231, the last thing you want is you need to stay up until they have serve your supper when you are not so hungry/not the right time to eat, and the lights are bright and you can't eat.

So I think dine on request or a-la-carte would actually attract premium passengers who they can get onto the plane, sleep and then get breakfast or supper (or being served together) at the time they please.

Anyone support this idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          I would like to see Premium Economy to be fitted across the entire SQ fleet.

Currently if you are catching flights that does not have premium economy, they force you to fly business at a significant more expensive price. I surely don't want to do that and I just want to fly Premium Economy at the cheapest price possible.

Comment

So I think dine on request or a-la-carte would actually attract premium passengers who they can get onto the plane, sleep and then get breakfast or supper (or being served together) at the time they please.

Fully supportive. The way they force feed breakfast three hours into arrival in Business Class is totally outdated. Where airlines hand out breakfast cards (e.g. Qantas), no one opts for a breakfast three hours before touch down.

Why do I wanna be woken up to wait for 30 minutes till all my breakfast items are in front of me to finish them in 5 minutes and then have 2.5 hours to kill that is lost sleeping time.

JNB-SIN: Leaves lunchtime local hours and lunch service takes forever. The cabin is quiet for 4 hours and then they start breakfast 3am local SIN time while you touch down 6am.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              Fully supportive. The way they force feed breakfast three hours into arrival in Business Class is totally outdated. Where airlines hand out breakfast cards (e.g. Qantas), no one opts for a breakfast three hours before touch down.

Why do I wanna be woken up to wait for 30 minutes till all my breakfast items are in front of me to finish them in 5 minutes and then have 2.5 hours to kill that is lost sleeping time.

JNB-SIN: Leaves lunchtime local hours and lunch service takes forever. The cabin is quiet for 4 hours and then they start breakfast 3am local SIN time while you touch down 6am.
                              Couldn't agree more - I've flown Qatar J quite a fair bit lately and I really like the way they have structured the service to be very personal, making SQ look slightly outdated. From the moment you board they take a very personal approach, someone takes care of you bringing the menu, towel, welcome drink and taking note of your preferences, rather than someone doing towels, someone doing drinks etc. Same perks but individual treatment.

Same goes for meals which are totally on-demand and no trolley being used at all.

Comment

One thing I would hope for First, Business and Premium Economy coming on November 2nd is that I hope they will have dine on request or a-la-carte service.

I think sometimes especially on a long haul flight you might want to straight to sleep before you get awaken for breakfast then you have the full meal.

In my opinion, for late night flights such as SQ231, the last thing you want is you need to stay up until they have serve your supper when you are not so hungry/not the right time to eat, and the lights are bright and you can't eat.

I heard SQ scrapped the JCL dine-on-demand service on its longest SIN-SFO sectors, so don't expect such a service to be implemented in the near future. Apparently SQ faced problems coordinating such a service inflight and meal choices frequently ran out due to catering issues. Guess they still have much to learn from QR.
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X