Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can put one A380 perm on MEL as well

Comment

With the light loads on MUC flights combined with LH returning to the MUC-SIN sector, I wonder if SIN-MUC-JFK daily 77W and retaining the A380 to FRA as a terminator service could work...

Comment

Maybe SYD as well (Either 241/242 or 211/212). Of course this will depend on how all the 27 77W (which will all be 77WR, thus dismissing the config then and calling it regular 77W) and what routes will be utilized. Again, keep in mind CDG is going 10x weekly for the Winter season, then it will be released and can probably go to other routes. There's of course going to be fleet shuffling going on a lot. The good news is if JFK does go 77WR, it will definitely be the first time for New York to see the 2013 cabin products.

I do not know about the extent of LAX but my guess is when the nonstop flight comes into place, either that'll be a third add-on with the two flights or they may suspend ICN and keep NRT and the nonstop flight. Time will only tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          With the light loads on MUC flights combined with LH returning to the MUC-SIN sector, I wonder if SIN-MUC-JFK daily 77W and retaining the A380 to FRA as a terminator service could work...
          That's a good idea but I think SQ's challenge with FRA is they while SQ26 has good loads, SQ25 is not so good due to flight timing.
          Inversely, SQ326 has light loads but SQ325 has good loads...
          I don't know how to solve that problem....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            That's a good idea but I think SQ's challenge with FRA is they while SQ26 has good loads, SQ25 is not so good due to flight timing.
            Yup it was SQ25 they said have light loads. I'm not sure what you mean by "good loads"? Is it at least 85-90% full? The question is also the yields whether or not the flight is full.

Comment

I have always wished that the JFK-FRA flight left early in the morning to perform a daytime eastbound flight to FRA. It would be a service differentiator since no one else does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                I have always wished that the JFK-FRA flight left early in the morning to perform a daytime eastbound flight to FRA. It would be a service differentiator since no one else does that.
                Maybe because there's little demand for a daytime eastbound to FRA? The current schedule allows one to maximize a full day in NYC, or have time to connect domestically (via JetBlue or another airline) to JFK. A redeye flight to FRA saves flyers one night in a hotel, and arriving in FRA in the late morning allows one to check-in just in time to sightsee or attend meetings in the afternoon. The onward flight to SIN is a redeye and once again allows flyers to save a hotel night on the aircraft and arrive early in the morning ready to start the day. This timing really works for me.

Personally, I am hoping that SQ retains the A380 on this route, despite the fact that I've never experienced a full Y and PY cabin between JFK and FRA. I like how quiet and spacious this behemoth feels on the inside. And selfishly, it gives me a sense of national pride to see my home carrier operating the world's largest commercial aircraft to one of the most premium markets internationally, alongside ME rivals EK and EY.

Comment

This is similar to the problem with MEL. The inbound flights with the highest loads don't match the outbound load pattern. It's why SQ227/8 sits on the tarmac for 9 hours while SQ237/8 and then SQ247/8 both arrive and depart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    Maybe because there's little demand for a daytime eastbound to FRA? The current schedule allows one to maximize a full day in NYC, or have time to connect domestically (via JetBlue or another airline) to JFK. A redeye flight to FRA saves flyers one night in a hotel, and arriving in FRA in the late morning allows one to check-in just in time to sightsee or attend meetings in the afternoon. The onward flight to SIN is a redeye and once again allows flyers to save a hotel night on the aircraft and arrive early in the morning ready to start the day. This timing really works for me.

Personally, I am hoping that SQ retains the A380 on this route, despite the fact that I've never experienced a full Y and PY cabin between JFK and FRA. I like how quiet and spacious this behemoth feels on the inside. And selfishly, it gives me a sense of national pride to see my home carrier operating the world's largest commercial aircraft to one of the most premium markets internationally, alongside ME rivals EK and EY.
                    SIN-JFK: by the time one reached Manhantan, the person had flown 23 hours, stood at the custom for 1 hour and another 2 hours to reach the hotel. If it was in the Y cabin then would be 1/2 dead by then but shouldn't sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                      SIN-JFK: by the time one reached Manhantan, the person had flown 23 hours, stood at the custom for 1 hour and another 2 hours to reach the hotel. If it was in the Y cabin then would be 1/2 dead by then but shouldn't sleep.
                      The timing is perfect too this direction, arriving into FRA in the morning and JFK, albeit late morning. For a few years I was flying this route, then connecting to a domestic flight on Delta or JetBlue. A long journey but just happy that a good part of it was on SQ.

Comment

• The timing of SQ25 and SQ26 is pretty perfect for any business traveler and tourist. You arrive in Manhattan when your hotel should allow you to check-in and you can leave the hotel after check-out and still spend some time in NYC.

I have done the routing both ways a couple of times in Suites and the amount of space and food and booze offered is insane

Now let's wait for the new Suites and additional 50% more space for each passenger...

Comment

• According to this thread, it says there will be some updates to Premium Economy and Economy class.

What do you think that will be?

Book the cook for all (long haul?) Economy class (for all flights originating from Singapore?)

Increased offerings for Premium Economy, such as Welcome drink, dedicated toilets for Premium Economy cabin in new A380? Perhaps upsized drink and food options?

Comment

• Per SIA, the new A380 products will debut on SQ221 (SIN-SYD) on 18/12/17 and return as SQ232 (SYD-SIN) on 18/12/17. A quick check of ExpertFlyer and the SQ website shows there is 0 availability for First on at this time... it appears to have been closed out, especially given the expectation of fewer seats

26 October 2017 - Singapore Airlines’ eagerly awaited new cabin products, which will be revealed at global launch events in Singapore over 2-4 November, will debut on the Singapore-Sydney route in December.

The introduction of the new cabin products – in Suites, Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class - follows four years of development involving extensive customer feedback. They will initially be fitted on five new A380s that the Airline has on firm order with Airbus.

The first of the A380s with the new products will operate daily from 18 December as flight SQ221, departing Singapore at 2040hrs and arriving into Sydney at 0740hrs the following day. It will return as flight SQ232, departing Sydney at 1215hrs and arriving into Singapore at 1735hrs. Additional destinations for the new products will be revealed in the coming months.

The A380 entered service with Singapore Airlines in October 2007. In addition to Sydney, the Airline’s superjumbos serve Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Mumbai, New Delhi, New York, Osaka, Paris, Shanghai and Zurich.
                            Fly well,
                            Travel safe,
                            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Thank you Australian Business Traveller!

Here is Singapore Airlines' new Boeing 787-10 business class seat!
                              https://www.ausbt.com.au/here-is-sin...ess-class-seat

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                                Per SIA, the new A380 products will debut on SQ221 (SIN-SYD) on 18/12/17 and return as SQ232 (SYD-SIN) on 18/12/17. A quick check of ExpertFlyer and the SQ website shows there is 0 availability for First on at this time... it appears to have been closed out, especially given the expectation of fewer seats
                                It seems that SQ is charging a premium over its new Premium Economy seat as well, as it is $400 more expensive if you are on SQ221/232

Comment

Working...
                                X