New service changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New service changes

Looks like there will be a few changes coming up.

1. No more pillows for short haul flights. Go figure!

2. PPS members will now have a special lane to clear customs and immigration in SG. For the most of us with automated gate clearance this shouldn't have too big an impact.

3. LPPS and TPPS will have automatic upgrades on their birthdays, as well as milestone anniversaries. None for us plebeian QPPS. Sigh.

Originally posted by young View Post

3. LPPS and TPPS will have automatic upgrades on their birthdays, as well as milestone anniversaries. None for us plebeian QPPS. Sigh.
    This has been around for a while, I believe:
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14347

Comment

I would suggest they have a dedicated line for F/J & PPS members at the gate screening too. This is the only time we see some Human congestion at Changi

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
        This has been around for a while, I believe:
        http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14347
        Yeah. Except now it's "official", and you get upgrades on your 15th anniversary, 20th, 25th etc.

Btw another change would be to the amenity kit too when the new 380s come on board.

http://travelprnews.com/singapore-ai...e/2017/01/21/#

Comment

Originally posted by young View Post

1. No more pillows for short haul flights. Go figure!

It is confirmed as there was no more pillow for my flight to BKK early last week....Pillow is the only thing that can help me fall asleep when travelling Y.

Comment

Also no initial beverage service on my flight last week from MAA.back in April last year they had it.no more murukku packets being given out.

Its immediately supper after takeoff and lights are dimmed sooner.

Comment

Okay, SQ has rough financial situation like CX, we've saw cutbacks of the sole South American destination (GRU), pillow and drink cutback.
              Fast Track for F/J/PPS is probably a good thing for passenger who visit Singapore under 3 time a year (qualification for automated gate clearance), we still hope for dedicated F/J security at gate area.

Comment

Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
                Okay, SQ has rough financial situation like CX, we've saw cutbacks of the sole South American destination (GRU), pillow and drink cutback.
                Fast Track for F/J/PPS is probably a good thing for passenger who visit Singapore under 3 time a year (qualification for automated gate clearance), we still hope for dedicated F/J security at gate area.
                I really don't think it's necessary for fast-track services, considering CIQ is dealt with pretty quickly. With that said, this may be a consideration for T4 as Changi is going for a common security clearance option.
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  I really don't think it's necessary for fast-track services, considering CIQ is dealt with pretty quickly. With that said, this may be a consideration for T4 as Changi is going for a common security clearance option.
                  No, I flew F to SIN and queued for CIQ for 1 and half hour in 6:30AM arrival in T3, that's tons and tons of flights arrived from Asia, India, Australia and Europe back few years ago. Now SQ moved some flights for T2 arrival should help the speed in T3 immigration.

The good thing about Changi is their gate security, if this is gone, you will ended up with long wait in security (queued for 1 hour to clear HKG security).

T4: This is AirAsia (AK/FD/QZ) plus CX plus KE plus VN, since AirAsia has lots of Y pax, fast track should be necessary.
                  Last edited by GCHaviation; 24 January 2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X