Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is paying extra for a exit row seat worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is paying extra for a exit row seat worth it?

Im flying on sq's a330 on 15th december to chennai.the flight duration is 3 hours 50 minutes.i am 188 cm tall.

im wondering whether i should choose the emex row window seat(seat 48K).its still available.but it costs 50 usd.

on seatguru,it says the exit door protrudes a bit reducing legroom and seat width is also reduced.im wondering whether its worth to pay and choose that seat or just choose a normal seat.

it seems that row has a window.

what would you advise me to do?

If you're tall, then you'll appreciate the additional legroom. If you like the window seat, you'll find that it's much easier to get out for toilet breaks.

One downside is that your IFE has to be folded up, which means you can only start watching after the plane gets out from initial climb and stop watching once it gets close to final approach. Secondly you can't store your personal items on the floor until after takeoff. Thirdly, you're closer to the bassinet seats, which may mean a screaming baby.

So as to whether the $50 for the seat is value, depends on how you value the pluses and minuses. Personally, I'll take it for any flight longer than 3 hours.

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
    Im flying on sq's a330 on 15th december to chennai.the flight duration is 3 hours 50 minutes.i am 188 cm tall.

im wondering whether i should choose the emex row window seat(seat 48K).its still available.but it costs 50 usd.

on seatguru,it says the exit door protrudes a bit reducing legroom and seat width is also reduced.im wondering whether its worth to pay and choose that seat or just choose a normal seat.

it seems that row has a window.

what would you advise me to do?

Comment

I recently paid $50 for flight to PVG as the only seats left that i could choose are middle seats with sides occupied (no no for me).

Comment

Working...
      X