Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 333 Y hard product update?

Hi,

Will SQ's 333 fleet be updated in Y class like some 77Ws have? Anyone knows? The updated 77Ws have bigger screens, new remote and I feel the seats are more comfortable.

Thank you!

Sqtx

The A330's are staying as they are. They are going to start replacing them soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      The A330's are staying as they are. They are going to start replacing them soon anyway.
      Yup no point refitting them as they are all on lease and the incoming A350s will be gradually replacing them.

Comment

The regional A350's will replace the A333's. And the number of A333's leaving recently tell you they are not in any position to refit them not to mention they're on a lease too.

Even though I am flying on the newer 77WN this Winter, I will be on the A333 on SQ529 (from MAA) in early January to experience the hard product again (Still beats flying MI from TRV for a night flight from India). The only other time I've flown an A333 was once with CX to/from MAA and EK's A332 4 times to/from TRV (now I think replaced by every 777 variant on their 5AM departure from TRV).

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          The regional A350's will replace the A333's. And the number of A333's leaving recently tell you they are not in any position to refit them not to mention they're on a lease too.

Even though I am flying on the newer 77WN this Winter, I will be on the A333 on SQ529 (from MAA) in early January to experience the hard product again (Still beats flying MI from TRV for a night flight from India). The only other time I've flown an A333 was once with CX to/from MAA and EK's A332 4 times to/from TRV (now I think replaced by every 777 variant on their 5AM departure from TRV).
          sqfanatic even I will be on sq529 in early Jan.which date is your flight?

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
            sqfanatic even I will be on sq529 in early Jan.which date is your flight?
            I'm flying out with my mom from MAA on Friday, January 6th at 11:15PM. How about yourself?

Comment

Ooh, how are you getting from TRV to MAA? I used to take Indian Airlines late afternoon TRV-MAA (I think it was IC931) before connecting onto SQ409.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                Ooh, how are you getting from TRV to MAA? I used to take Indian Airlines late afternoon TRV-MAA (I think it was IC931) before connecting onto SQ409.
                I remember you saying that. At one point of time I took a overnight train back in the early 2000's.

Actually, since my father is also coming (For some reason he didn't come with us last trip but typically he almost always does), we're actually going to a few additional places like Cochin for about 3 days (After spending about 4 days with my grandmother in TRV), and after flying to MAA (by Jet Airways) and visiting Tirupati for about a day for religious stuff, and coming back to MAA to do any remaining shopping, temple visits, etc. I will fly out with my mom from MAA, but my father will go the next day to CCU for some personal family related stuff. I wouldn't mind extending my stay since my university break is up to the end of January, but my father suggests that even if my mother returns to work weeks before me, it's just to make sure both of us can manage the house as she cannot always manage the whole house alone (If both me and my dad were out on a trip) as easily as my dad does.

NOTE: My dad's flying the A330 from CCU and reaching back on SQ2 3 nights after me and my mom come back, but there's a good chance he'll change it. Don't really know what days MI really operate from there but if my dad does change hope he gets the SQ A333 from CCU.
                Last edited by SQfanatic; 19 November 2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I remember you saying that. At one point of time I took a overnight train back in the early 2000's.

Actually, since my father is also coming (For some reason he didn't come with us last trip but typically he almost always does), we're actually going to a few additional places like Cochin for about 3 days (After spending about 4 days with my grandmother in TRV), and after flying to MAA (by Jet Airways) and visiting Tirupati for about a day for religious stuff, and coming back to MAA to do any remaining shopping, temple visits, etc. I will fly out with my mom from MAA, but my father will go the next day to CCU for some personal family related stuff. I wouldn't mind extending my stay since my university break is up to the end of January, but my father suggests that even if my mother returns to work weeks before me, it's just to make sure both of us can manage the house as she cannot always manage the whole house alone (If both me and my dad were out on a trip) as easily as my dad does.

NOTE: My dad's flying the A330 from CCU and reaching back on SQ2 3 nights after me and my mom come back, but there's a good chance he'll change it. Don't really know what days MI really operate from there but if my dad does change hope he gets the SQ A333 from CCU.
                  Oh.im travelling on 12th Jan 2017.

Comment

Working...
                  X