Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing 777-300er - Milan to Singapore - New economy? best seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 777-300er - Milan to Singapore - New economy? best seats?

Hi guys,

i am going to fly in February 2017 from Milan to Singapore with Singapore Airlines.

i read that the flight is going to be operated with a Boeing 777-300er on a 3 class configuration.

Is the aircraft used on this route reconfigured with the new economy class?

What are the best seats in economy? Do aisle seats still have the IFE box under th seat in front?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, and welcome to SQTalk! The flights to MXP for now are, unfortunately, slated to be using the old 3-class 77W with the 2006 product. However, there could be equipment swaps, though i would say don't count on it.

Comment

Hi Nik8!

The 77W is not SQ's latest Y product (It is 2006 Y, not the latest 2013 Y), but it is still a very strong Y product.

No IFE box obstructions under any of the rows. The IFE boxes are slimline and don't take up much space.

Exit row window seats 31A/K have no window, but there is no door protrusion so you have a huge amount of legroom. The Emex row aisle seats 31C/H have a very airy feel, with a lot of legroom.

Exit row 44 A/K window seats do have the door protrusion.

Avoid the last row window-side 2 seaters 56A/C and H/K as these have extremely limited recline on the 77W. (Recline in the last row the middle block 56 D/E/G is fine I personally like the last row 56D/56G because you get good recline with no-one behind you, and often 56E is empty, but this is really personal preference as some people don't like sitting so far in the back.)

Some narrowness in seat pitch around the window seats near one of the rows around rows 51-53 but I can't remember which, mainly because of the narrowing of the 77W fuselage in the rear of the plane.

Overall, the 77W Y product is pretty good. Decent recline, armrests that go all the way up, widescreen AVOD IFE and A/C power in Y. You can't really go wrong choosing either an aisle or a window seat almost anywhere in the cabin.

If you can't pre-select the seat you want in advance on SQ's website, try again 96 hours (4 days) before departure, where more seats are likely to open up.

Comment

Don't depend or count on ad hoc subs to the new 2013 cabin product but today SQ378/377 got Whiskey Whiskey (9V-SWW) for the first time extending it to BCN. Eventually it may go 350 or 77WR

Comment

Today MXP/BCN on SQ378/377 is served by a B77WR, a second new treat, now introducing the new 2015 S class. Like mentioned before, I wonder if it's a sign of things to come for this route.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Today MXP/BCN on SQ378/377 is served by a B77WR, a second new treat, now introducing the new 2015 S class. Like mentioned before, I wonder if it's a sign of things to come for this route.
            I hope not! It will mean I can no longer make a redemption booking or upgrade from Brisbane to Milan! I already switched from Singapore to Etihad for my regular flights to Paris from Brisbane for that reason!

Comment

I'm strongly inclined to think MXP and BCN will go A350 once enough have been delivered.

Comment

Working...
              X