SIN - PVG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN - PVG

Took SQ 828 yesterday - all aerobridges were supposedly full. Having driven around a large proportion of the airport we ended up in the cargo area of T1. Buses took over 20 minutes to arrive for the transfer to the terminal. From arrival to passing the customs check was over 2 hours.

Probably a good idea to take an earlier flight if tight connections/important meetings are happening.

That's a terrible miscalculation on the airport part. Was the plane at your assigned aerobridge delayed or something?

Comment

At T2 what i could see was 1 gate was empty - 3 were blocked with aircraft that looked as if they had just been left there - nothing going on on.

Comment

PVG seems to have an issue with gate allocation.

Took SQ830 (etc 1415h) on 17th November. Arrived and waited over 30 minutes on the taxiway, as according to the pilot, "another plane is still at our gate".

Seems like a common occurance at PVG. Are they short of gates? Feels like it, as every gate I could see seems to be occupied.

Spoke with the IFS on my flight back and it seems that it's very common for planes to PVG to need to wait for aerobridges, and for planes departing PVG (esp SQ833 ETD 1625h) to be delayed up to an hour due to air traffic congestion.

Comment

PVG and PEK are poorly managed airports due to congestions. Long queues are flight delays and very common. Last week, several sq830s were delayed for airborne from singapore by 2 to 6 hours due to PVG congestions.

Comment

PVG has been experiencing massive problems the past two months over traffic flow. My flight to PVG had to wait for a good 30 minutes for a gate upon landing at PVG as well, while an acquaintance of mine boarded his MU flight in SIN only to disembark and wait for 2 hours before boarding again due to the traffic and congestion problems over at Shanghai.

Comment

In the past 2 years all my CX flights out of PVG have been delayed by at least an hour or two...
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

And weather is a major disruption and causes massive delays in Beijing especially during the cold winter as already 2 days ago there was a cold front and many flights were cancelled. Fog is also a major cause of disruption.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  And weather is a major disruption and causes massive delays in Beijing especially during the cold winter as already 2 days ago there was a cold front and many flights were cancelled. Fog is also a major cause of disruption.
                  Does Shanghai usually get the same weather/fog conditions as Beijing?

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                    Does Shanghai usually get the same weather/fog conditions as Beijing?
                    Not as bad. PEK is worse than PVG...
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                    X