Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boing View Post
    Just my two cents. I have only flown on Scoot twice and one thing I noticed at their counters overseas is lack of Scoot staff at their overseas station. There could have been one sans uniform but I certainly didn't see any soul wearing Scoot uniform.

This means their passenger handling operations is all outsourced to a contract agent with little contact or oversight from Scoot. I believe this is the cause of serious service deterioration and lack of comms outstation. I am not letting Scoot flight ops and management off the hook due to this but this total outsourcing of responsibility outstation certainly leads to service issues outstation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on my limited experience, I noticed Airasia and Jetstar tend to have at least one of their staff overlooking the contract agents overseas at the counters. In cases of AOG, having a direct airline staff stationed outstation can be a boon to all involved. They can be empowered to book hotels and book pax on other flights without asking permission from base. Having direct line of contact would also minimize all the lack of comms issues Scoot is getting infamous for right now.
    Ok getting too long, ciao.
    I think it would be a short blip notwithstanding that this spell is longer than usual. Price seems to be virtually everything in the LCC space. Airasia has had crash, diversion etc but still thriving. Once this bad rap is over within weeks, price will rule.

Comment

• Although it maybe a short time before things get back but however there will be consequence over long delays and mainly thelack of response and communications between the airlines and its pax - as seen in Scoot recent spates of delays. Svoot's image seems to have taken a hit and just like Tiger air before which have a bad reputation within s short time of its operation with horrendous lack of communcation and treatment of its pax - even though the CO and senior management are from ts parent, SIA. Although ookings will pick up after a while but overall will have some impact as seasoned travellors will pick other LCCs like Jetstar Asia, Air Asia, Vietjet, Cebu, Spring and others which do not have such glaring delay incidents. The only ones who have to fly with Scoot for example have no choice if they wanted a direct flight if there are no competitive LCCs. The most perplexing is that Scoot is a 100% wholly owned SIA subsidiary and its top management and CEO are from SIA and yet the way they deal with delays is way short of expectations and service recovery.
      Last edited by flyguy; 3 January 2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Due to SQ266|04JAN (BNE-SIN) delayed arrival into SIN;

STA: 0010
        ETA: 0220

the following flights have been re-timed to wait for connecting passengers:

SQ306|05JAN (SIN-LHR)
        STD: 0110
        ETD: 0250

SQ346|05JAN (SIN-ZRH)
        STD: 0130

SQ478|05JAN (SIN-JNB-CPT)

SQ618|05JAN (SIN-KIX)

SQ52|05JAN (SIN-MAN-IAH)
        STD: 0205

SQ334|05JAN (SIN-CDG)
        STD: 0230
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Wow, 6 flights delayed just because of SQ266|04JAN (BNE-SIN) delayed arrival into SIN. This SQ 266 must been carying more than half of its passengers whom are on transit.

Comment

• That would have been something to see, 6 planes lined up across the runway taking off simultaneously...

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Wow, 6 flights delayed just because of SQ266|04JAN (BNE-SIN) delayed arrival into SIN. This SQ 266 must been carying more than half of its passengers whom are on transit.
              Part of the problem is likely that it's peak season for travel at the moment and there are probably no alternative flights that the passengers on transit can be put on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                Due to SQ266|04JAN (BNE-SIN) delayed arrival into SIN;

STA: 0010
                ETA: 0220 - ATA: 2:15

the following flights have been re-timed to wait for connecting passengers:

SQ306|05JAN (SIN-LHR)
                STD: 0110
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:16

SQ346|05JAN (SIN-ZRH)
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:24

SQ478|05JAN (SIN-JNB-CPT)
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:22

SQ618|05JAN (SIN-KIX)
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:26

SQ52|05JAN (SIN-MAN-IAH)
                STD: 0205
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:14

SQ334|05JAN (SIN-CDG)
                STD: 0230
                ETD: 0250 - ATD: 3:28
                Thanks a massive trickle down effect. I added the ATD and looks like they manage to get the flights out only at around 3:20am +- a few min.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Wow, 6 flights delayed just because of SQ266|04JAN (BNE-SIN) delayed arrival into SIN. This SQ 266 must been carying more than half of its passengers whom are on transit.
                  Most flights from Australia are heavily loaded with transit passengers. Putting them all up in a hotel would be rather expensive for SQ, but I've definitely never seen a set of delays as impressive as this one!

Comment

• SQ241 SIN-SYD (9V-SWB) was diverted to MEL earlier this evening due to awful weather in SYD, and is now taxying for departure back to SYD (as at 21.05 this evening) which would mean an estimated arrival into SYD at 22.30 or thereabouts.

SQ242 SYD-SIN is now running two hours late with no indicative departure time still. I am guessing this flight will now be operated using the aircraft inbound as SQ211 (9V-SWL) but given the pretty extensive arrival holds at the moment into SYD, when that will leave is anyone's guess at this point as well.
                    Last edited by a340-313x; 5 January 2019, 06:04 PM. Reason: SQ241 now taxying in MEL

Comment

• SQ327 MUC-SIN | 6JAN19 | 9V-SMJ took off almost 5 hours late. There are lots of delays and cancellations in and out of MUC today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                        SQ327 MUC-SIN | 6JAN19 | 9V-SMJ took off almost 5 hours late. There are lots of delays and cancellations in and out of MUC today.
                        Yes this is due to the winter storm that resulted in up to 1 meter of snow in the Bavaria area.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                          Yes this is due to the winter storm that resulted in up to 1 meter of snow in the Bavaria area.
                          Cool !

Comment

I departed MUC on the 3rd and saw vehicle spraying snow off planes. I thought I would have a taste of it but luckily, no delay!

Comment

• SQ8116/8117|06JAN (SIN-BKK-SIN) was operated by 9V-SYF as a rescue flight for TR616/617 which was cancelled.

On a side note, TR616/617 was cancelled on 04JAN too and 9V-SVC operated SQ8116/8117 as a rescue flight.

Comment

Thanks a massive trickle down effect. I added the ATD and looks like they manage to get the flights out only at around 3:20am +- a few min.
                                Looks like the same flight number was delayed by almost the same length of time again this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X