No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ322|31DEC operated by 9V-SKW was delayed due to a technical fault. Passengers spent their new year waiting at the gate for the plane to be fixed.

STD: 2345|31DEC18
    ETD: 0129|01JAN19

Comment

• SQ306 took off 1 hour late, operated by 9V-SWS.

Comment

• I had always assumed the intention of this thread was to draw attention to delays and disruptions that are significant in nature.

Comment

• SQ8859|31DEC (TPE-SIN) was operated by 9V-STR as a rescue flight for scoot as TR899|30DEC (TPE-SIN) was cancelled due to an issue with 9V-OJG. In addition, 9V-TAS was also activated as a rescue aircraft for the same flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
            SQ8859|31DEC (TPE-SIN) was operated by 9V-STR as a rescue flight for scoot as TR899|30DEC (TPE-SIN) was cancelled due to an issue with 9V-OJG. In addition, 9V-TAS was also activated as a rescue aircraft for the same flight.
            Scoot still could not managed to get its service recovery faster than the disastrous Scoot delay incodent in Greece, as in this Taipei case it still took 2 days to bring back its passengers and Taipei is ony about short of 4.5 hours away. And the usual pax complains about poor communications with the airline and lack of accomodation given. With two such bad delay incidents so close to each other, many would be wary of Scoot.
            Last edited by flyguy; 2 January 2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Scoot still could not managed to get its service recovery faster than the disastrous Scoot delay incodent in Greece, as in this Taipei case it still took 2 days to bring back its passengers and Taipei is ony about short of 4.5 hours away. And the usual pax complains about poor communications with the airline and lack of accomodation given. With two such bad delay incidents so close to each other, many would be wary of Scoot.
              There was another incident on 26nov18 with a delay of 29h out of BKK to SIN. Currently the have really issues with their Ops. Seem not to be able to manage that some B787 are stucked on the ground in SIN due to engine issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                There was another incident on 26nov18 with a delay of 29h out of BKK to SIN. Currently the have really issues with their Ops. Seem not to be able to manage that some B787 are stucked on the ground in SIN due to engine issues.
                Yes that was the flight from Tokyo to BKK to SIN and even then BKK is only 2 hours away and Scoot still took so long to recover. Not sure if these are related to the engines issue as most if not all were resolved and Scoot then chartered SIA old 777 for use during the 787 engines issue. But do see at least 2 Scoot 787s parked at remote bays in the early morning till noon most of the times.

Comment

Yes that was the flight from Tokyo to BKK to SIN and even then BKK is only 2 hours away and Scoot still took so long to recover. Not sure if these are related to the engines issue as most if not all were resolved and Scoot then chartered SIA old 777 for use during the 787 engines issue. But do see at least 2 Scoot 787s parked at remote bays in the early morning till noon most of the times.
                  Guess they do not have enough 787 and their 787 are utilized to fullest. Most of these significant delay are on 787 right ? For the Greek case, they have to delay few flights from sin to other destination when they have to fly a replacement plane to Athens.
                  Last edited by sbs2716g; 2 January 2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    Guess they *** have enough 787 and their 787 are utilized to fullest. Most of these significant delay are on 787 right ? For the Greek case, they have to delay few flights from sin to other destination when they have to fly a replacement plane to Athens.
                    Yup, Scoot operates the 787s and their significant delays are on the 787s. Believed Scoot service recovery are way not satisfactory and somehow their decisions are slow. On the Athens incident after 2 days the aircraft was actually fixed but it was the flight crew operating hours have expired and Scoot SIN shuld have anticipated and sent a set of crew to Athens instead of deploying a trplacement aircraft and further disrupting some of their flights and inconveniencing mre passengers. Far from what their CEO mentioned https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ot-ceo-9231228

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                      SQ322|31DEC operated by 9V-SKW was delayed due to a technical fault. Passengers spent their new year waiting at the gate for the plane to be fixed.

STD: 2345|31DEC18
                      ETD: 0129|01JAN19
                      SQ322 was delayed again last night (1JAN19). The plane (9V-SKY) took off almost 3 hours late at 02:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                        SQ322 was delayed again last night (1JAN19). The plane (9V-SKY) took off almost 3 hours late at 02:35.
                        SQ322 was initially retimed to 0030 to accomodate a late inbound flight. Pushed back on time, but had a ramp turnback some time later due medical.

Comment

• Scoot just can't seem to get enough bad press these past few days. Most of their problems are due to their 787s. Two 787s are parked long term at the run up bays due to lack of engines.
                          Having put all their eggs in one basket, problems would crop up when a serious issue hits your fleet. Their A320 simply can't handle the load of the 787, not to mention their high utilization. SQ also has their hands full with problems of their own that they can't help Scoot at a moment's notice for relief flights.
                          Lots of Scoot flights are retimed and even cancelled due to their lack of planes. Financially, they might not have that big of an impact short term due to compensation from RR. Long term, damage to their reputation is an issue and no amount of compensation can repair that.

Comment

• Yes granted Scoot have some engine issues but still think their management and flight ops can do more proactive to ensure much faster service recovery. Given that they know and have the 787 RR engine issues, they still should have make more preparations as like they did charter SIA old and parked 777s for a few times and they should have done so if there are still engine issues and scheduled time for their fixes. Also better prepared communications between the airline and its passengers when faced with long delays. I had a relative who was on a Air Asia X flight from Perth to KUL some 1.5 years ago and when their A330 was AOGed in Perth, Air Asia X staff worked to put as many pax onto other carriers to KUL and many were put on MAS and including SIA - instead of leaving their pax in Perth airport and or having to find accomodation for them. My relative was put on the SQ flight to SIN and then on Air Asia from SIn to KUL. Why cant Scoot do that and esp in view of its long delays at TPE and BKK which have many flighs (including other budget airlines) to SIN daily.
                            Last edited by flyguy; 2 January 2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• The old 772 SV* series have seen regular use as TR replacements to SYD over the last few weeks.

Comment

Yes granted Scoot have some engine issues but still think their management and flight ops can do more proactive to ensure much faster service recovery. Given that they know and have the 787 RR engine issues, they still should have make more preparations as like they did charter SIA old and parked 777s for a few times and they should have done so if there are still engine issues and scheduled time for their fixes. Also better prepared communications between the airline and its passengers when faced with long delays. I had a relative who was on a Air Asia X flight from Perth to KUL some 1.5 years ago and when their A330 was AOGed in Perth, Air Asia X staff worked to put as many pax onto other carriers to KUL and many were put on MAS and including SIA - instead of leaving their pax in Perth airport and or having to find accomodation for them. My relative was put on the SQ flight to SIN and then on Air Asia from SIn to KUL. Why cant Scoot do that and esp in view of its long delays at TPE and BKK which have many flighs (including other budget airlines) to SIN daily.
                                Just my two cents. I have only flown on Scoot twice and one thing I noticed at their counters overseas is lack of Scoot staff at their overseas station. There could have been one sans uniform but I certainly didn't see any soul wearing Scoot uniform.

This means their passenger handling operations is all outsourced to a contract agent with little contact or oversight from Scoot. I believe this is the cause of serious service deterioration and lack of comms outstation. I am not letting Scoot flight ops and management off the hook due to this but this total outsourcing of responsibility outstation certainly leads to service issues outstation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on my limited experience, I noticed Airasia and Jetstar tend to have at least one of their staff overlooking the contract agents overseas at the counters. In cases of AOG, having a direct airline staff stationed outstation can be a boon to all involved. They can be empowered to book hotels and book pax on other flights without asking permission from base. Having direct line of contact would also minimize all the lack of comms issues Scoot is getting infamous for right now.
                                Ok getting too long, ciao.

Comment

Working...
                                X