Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ377: Passengers "stuck" on board for hours

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...chnical-issues

Aircraft involved is B777-300ER (9V-SWH).

Flight is delayed by over 24 hours now.

It is estimated to arrive into Changi at 0913 this morning (30OCT16).
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

And ironically SWH just got out of maintenance and it has been its fourth revenue flight before this had happened. But wow, I feel sorry for those pax. Thank goodness it was not like that JEtihad flight to SFO that got delayed for several hours and pax were not properly fed (Though that reason was due to the fog but the connection is that they were stuck on board).

Comment

I'll be on this flight in a couple of weeks .... hope things smoothen out

On a seperate note for this flight I was informed by SQ due to restrictions SQ is not allowed to treat this flight as a fifth freedom route and will not allow BCN bound passengers from SG to do a stop over or vice versa. Had really wanted to do a Milan short visit but can't.

Perhaps this could be why the passenger had to wait so long before contingency plan kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
        I'll be on this flight in a couple of weeks .... hope things smoothen out

On a seperate note for this flight I was informed by SQ due to restrictions SQ is not allowed to treat this flight as a fifth freedom route and will not allow BCN bound passengers from SG to do a stop over or vice versa. Had really wanted to do a Milan short visit but can't.

Perhaps this could be why the passenger had to wait so long before contingency plan kick in.
        Yes, unlike MAN-MUC, SQ has never had rights for BCN-MXP

Comment

Unfortunately it seems to be an increasing case with SQ that when everything is fine, great but as soon as anything goes wrong the whole structure falls apart.

Comment

Hope everyone on board bought travel insurance.
            Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
              Hope everyone on board bought travel insurance.
              I'm surprised it went on for this long as the flight is likely covered by EU flight rules and they would all be eligible for accommodation and significant refund payments.

Comment

Working...
              X