Bali: SQ swaps SQ A330 with MI 738

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bali: SQ swaps SQ A330 with MI 738

I just looked at my flight to Bali next month and both flights to and from Bali were changed to MI. Crappy business class and absolutely no comparison but very kindly charged at the same price...

SQ948/949 SIN-DPS/DPS-SIN will be operated by MI w.e.f 30OCT16 I believe.

On a side-note,
    SQ462/461 SIN-MLE/MLE-SIN will also be operated by MI.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I don't get how I can sell two totally different airlines and products at the same premium:

Silkair is constantly delayed, doesn't care about passenger for any irregularities, and has zero customer focus. There are a true low cost carrier.

Looking at their business class, the picture: no IFE, bad food, pathetic drinks offering, not BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        I don't get how I can sell two totally different airlines and products at the same premium:

Silkair is constantly delayed, doesn't care about passenger for any irregularities, and has zero customer focus. There are a true low cost carrier.

Looking at their business class, the picture: no IFE, bad food, pathetic drinks offering, not BTC.

Now SilkAir got "BTC" out of Singapore (but unfortunately only on certain routes, which excludes Bali and Male flights).

http://www.silkair.com/en_UK/sg/a-jo...me-favourites/

"As a SilkAir Business Class traveller departing from Singapore (on flights that are 3 hours and above), you’ll be able to delight your palate with any of our 20 delectable main courses.

Simply inform us of your selection 24 hours or more before your flight and a piping hot All-Time Favourite will soon be awaiting you.
        "

Also there might be a chance you can bid for upgrade from Economy class to Business class.

http://www.silkair.com/en_UK/sg/plan...s/mi-upgrades/

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
          Now SilkAir got "BTC" out of Singapore (but unfortunately only on certain routes, which excludes Bali and Male flights).

http://www.silkair.com/en_UK/sg/a-jo...me-favourites/

"As a SilkAir Business Class traveller departing from Singapore (on flights that are 3 hours and above), you’ll be able to delight your palate with any of our 20 delectable main courses.

Simply inform us of your selection 24 hours or more before your flight and a piping hot All-Time Favourite will soon be awaiting you.
          "
          Unless I'm missing something, BTC is something SQ/MI should do more extensively. It reduces food wastage and hence cost. It saves the crew time from having to take orders. Passengers always get their meal choice. It's a win-win solution all round.

Comment

Looks like SQ 948/949 is to stay
            Received a call from SQ that they are reverting the flight back to SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              SQ948/949 SIN-DPS/DPS-SIN will be operated by MI w.e.f 30OCT16 I believe.

On a side-note,
              SQ462/461 SIN-MLE/MLE-SIN will also be operated by MI.
              is MLE confirmed going to be MI?

has this placed lost its luster already?

Comment

Originally posted by ponders View Post
                is MLE confirmed going to be MI?

has this placed lost its luster already?
                SQ used to do 2 flights a day to MLE. MI is taking over the day flight, while SQ retains the night flight.

Comment

After for ages being the destination SQ sent their oldest and worst planes, MLE has been upgraded to an A330. This is while MEL has had SVB, the oldest in the fleet, for 3 days in a row, and prior to that, CHC had it for 4 days. Glad to know where we stand.

Congratulations MLE...

Comment

Working...
                  X