sq A333 vs Ai 787

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sq A333 vs Ai 787

I will be flying to chennai in november and returning in mid december...

fares on sq Y comes to $700 while on AI business on their 787 is $958.

My parents are fine with paying a fare below $1000.

Can anyone tell me about the pros and cons of AI J?

I would also feel privileged if you could compare the two in terms of food,cleanliness,IFE.

The timings dont matter.i am not in favour of morning flights and against evening flights.

Based on the factors i mentioned,which would be a better way to travel?

J is J, Y is Y. Will opt for AI business.

Comment

Understand that you'll be flying J, but just in case you wanted a run-down on AI on the AI381 (SIN-DEL) sector in Y:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14567

Agree with zilchster. J > Y any day.

Comment

This is easy for me.

Obviously fly J. When else can you enjoy the J experience at that fare.
        And you earn more miles too.

In fact, on that route, AI's J lies fully flat. So that's better than SQ

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          This is easy for me.

Obviously fly J. When else can you enjoy the J experience at that fare.
          And you earn more miles too.

In fact, on that route, AI's J lies fully flat. So that's better than SQ
          Thanks squeeze.We are almost close to booking the tickets...Only thing my parents are worried about is the regular delay of air india.

My uncle travelled on AI347 on 2nd october and his flight was delayed for 4 hours and no proper explanation was given it seems...

But,then again me being only 17 this will be only chance to try J now.

Thanks guys,will be flying in the last week of november....

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
            Thanks squeeze.We are almost close to booking the tickets...Only thing my parents are worried about is the regular delay of air india.

My uncle travelled on AI347 on 2nd october and his flight was delayed for 4 hours and no proper explanation was given it seems...

But,then again me being only 17 this will be only chance to try J now.

Thanks guys,will be flying in the last week of november....
            AI is rather infamous for its epic delays, but I wonder whether this reputation is truly reflective of the punctuality of the airline, or whether it is due to people with preconceived notions blowing it out of proportion whenever it happens.

So let data speak for itself. Punch in your flight number/s into a site such as flightaware.com and see what the averages for the past two weeks are.

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
              AI is rather infamous for its epic delays, but I wonder whether this reputation is truly reflective of the punctuality of the airline, or whether it is due to people with preconceived notions blowing it out of proportion whenever it happens.

So let data speak for itself. Punch in your flight number/s into a site such as flightaware.com and see what the averages for the past two weeks are.
              Agreed. I did the same for many flights and on average AI doesn't get delayed in arriving by any significant margin.

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs guys...but unfortunately due to a personal family issue i could only travel in second week of december..and air india fares for J was 1797 and Y was 503..

So i had no choice but to take SQ Y which had a limited offer of $465 two way...as it was cheapest option available...

Guess J will have to wait for another time...

Also may i know why some SQ economy seats are blocked now while selecting seats for december?will they free them later or is it all occupied by other passengers?

Comment

Malaysia Airlines is running a Business promo till end of this month for travel till April next year. SIN-MAA return goes for $655. One stop in KUL and on some days you have a choice of two departure times. Unfortunately, the plane is the 737, so you don't get the new flat beds on its A330.

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
                    Also may i know why some SQ economy seats are blocked now while selecting seats for december?will they free them later or is it all occupied by other passengers?
                    SQ normally blocks some seats in Y, and they will open them about 48 hours before the flight when the online check in opens. Managed to snag some seats like that in the past, but not too sure if they still practise that now.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      SQ normally blocks some seats in Y, and they will open them about 48 hours before the flight when the online check in opens. Managed to snag some seats like that in the past, but not too sure if they still practise that now.
                      Yes, that's still how it happens. Even Gold status doesn't get access to large sections of the planes, but once OLCI opens up precisely 48 hours before, suddenly more seats free up and I usually get some kind of seat that I'm happy with. (Upper-deck Y window seat on the A380 is the holy grail!)

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        I believe it's T-96 hours when they open up the seat map.

Comment

Working...
                        X