• Show
Clear All

• hviswanathan
    replied
    FYI SQM is back in the skies

Leave a comment:

• SQA350
    replied
    Thanks for the replies, I have had my question answered by another source.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by SQA350 View Post
    Gidday mate,

the reason I care about this "bird" as I said in my previous post is that this aircraft is in the configuration for the SQ291/292 Singapore - Canberra - Wellington service, and I was just inquiring if anyone knew why it was out of action, eg Maintenance, WFU?
    There are 9 other aircraft in the fleet with the C38 Y228 config that are used for this service.
    I hope this answers your question, and hopefully someone can answer my question.

Cheers!
    Like hviswanathan, I'm also a little unsure of why this is an issue. There are actually only 8 other 772s with the same configuration, but this particular set of 772s is not really overworked at present so there's no reason to expect that the WLG service will experience any difficulties.

As previously stated, the older 772s do see fairly frequent maintenance, usually around 1-2 weeks in length and as the A359s are covering some of their usual work, they are probably taking the opportunity to work on them before the big timetable change at the end of the month that will see the A359s become very busy.

If there is a shortage with this variant of 772, they are more likely to substitute one of the 772ERs to HKG or somewhere similar before they would mess about with CBR/WLG operations. Longer distance, less frequently served destinations don't see anywhere near the substitutions that the regional destinations do.

Leave a comment:

• SQA350
    replied
    Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
    Any reason why you care about this bird? Maintenance for these old birds is fairly common, there are other birds with same product for this route
    Gidday mate,

the reason I care about this "bird" as I said in my previous post is that this aircraft is in the configuration for the SQ291/292 Singapore - Canberra - Wellington service, and I was just inquiring if anyone knew why it was out of action, eg Maintenance, WFU?
    There are 9 other aircraft in the fleet with the C38 Y228 config that are used for this service.
    I hope this answers your question, and hopefully someone can answer my question.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• hviswanathan
    replied
    Any reason why you care about this bird? Maintenance for these old birds is fairly common, there are other birds with same product for this route

Originally posted by SQA350 View Post
    Greetings,

just wondering if someone can tell me what is happening with Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200ER 9V-SQM, it appears on Flightaware to have been out of service for a week now, after arriving at Changi? https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9VSQM

My reason for asking as this is one of the B772's in the config for the SQ291/SQ292 service to/from Singapore-Canberra-Wellington.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any answer to my question is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Tim

Leave a comment:

• SQA350
    started a topic 9V-SQM B777-200ER

9V-SQM B777-200ER

Greetings,

just wondering if someone can tell me what is happening with Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200ER 9V-SQM, it appears on Flightaware to have been out of service for a week now, after arriving at Changi? https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9VSQM

My reason for asking as this is one of the B772's in the config for the SQ291/SQ292 service to/from Singapore-Canberra-Wellington.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any answer to my question is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Tim
Working...
X