Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man used fake boarding passes to live in SQ & CX lounges for 18 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the discounts within Changi seriously worth all that hassle for Singaporeans to want to go to these lengths?

I bought my current camera there at quite a good price, only as it was a new release and didn't have time to wait for it to be sent to Australia before flying to Europe, but I could have got an equally good deal from a regular Singapore seller and had it shipped to me if time hadn't been a factor.

Is it because foreigners don't pay local sales tax so therefore we are effectively getting the same price, whether at Changi or by mail order?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Are the discounts within Changi seriously worth all that hassle for Singaporeans to want to go to these lengths?

I bought my current camera there at quite a good price, only as it was a new release and didn't have time to wait for it to be sent to Australia before flying to Europe, but I could have got an equally good deal from a regular Singapore seller and had it shipped to me if time hadn't been a factor.

Is it because foreigners don't pay local sales tax so therefore we are effectively getting the same price, whether at Changi or by mail order?
      I think it was mentioned somewhere (either in the linked article or elsewhere) that the motivation was to skip the queues. The 10 per cent GST savings would be the icing on the cake. Apple products are price controlled so the only savings would be from the tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Since they already bought tickets, why didn't they just fly to KUL (or wherever else they bought tickets to) and do a turn-around?
        Most likely they just buy a 1 way cheap ticket and do a turn around within departure/arrival hall after purchasing what they want to save GST (and may be lucky draw!).

Seem this is a security holes including the last case of passengers staying in airport for 18 days without been tracked for departure.

Security issue I guess. Departing details/information are not linked with passengers who enter the secured area.

Comment

Working...
        X