Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man used fake boarding passes to live in SQ & CX lounges for 18 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man used fake boarding passes to live in SQ & CX lounges for 18 days!

I think I would rather go home than live in the lounges for 18 days, no matter how good they are!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/guy-used-f...035412400.html

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I think I would rather go home than live in the lounges for 18 days, no matter how good they are!

It's not like he lounged in the KF or SKL. Not sure why he would want to do so, given the DNATA lounges are rather underwhelming

Comment

What an absolutely stupid thing to do. And in Singapore of all places. Happy he got arrested.

Comment

Guess silly people do silly things ... and eventually they get caught

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post

Agreed. I find it amusing that the article features a photo of the KF Gold lounge, which doesn't even provide toilets. The concept of "living" in it does not appeal...

Comment

They just arrested another two people for booking a ticket without the intention of taking the flight just to get into the transit area to buy iPhones. Interesting stories coming out of Changi this week...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...tml?cid=twtcna

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
              They just arrested another two people for booking a ticket without the intention of taking the flight just to get into the transit area to buy iPhones. Interesting stories coming out of Changi this week...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...tml?cid=twtcna
              Since they already bought tickets, why didn't they just fly to KUL (or wherever else they bought tickets to) and do a turn-around?
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                Since they already bought tickets, why didn't they just fly to KUL (or wherever else they bought tickets to) and do a turn-around?
                Because they are not AVGeeks like us, and a flight would be ultimately dreadful in their point of view..... ?

Comment

They might have cancelled and refunded the tickets. I'm not sure how it works though -- can you really do that after checking in? But apparently that's how previous lounge-crashers around the world do it. (Buy refundable first class ticket, check in, eat in the lounge, cancel ticket, leaves, rinse, repeat.)

Comment

Both these incidents remind me of the Chinese man who used his fully refundable F ticket to eat in the lounge for a year..

http://nypost.com/2014/01/29/man-use...ee-for-a-year/

Comment

Agreed but I think they were too excited and wanted to bring the phone back to charge and use ... haha

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
                        They might have cancelled and refunded the tickets. I'm not sure how it works though -- can you really do that after checking in? But apparently that's how previous lounge-crashers around the world do it. (Buy refundable first class ticket, check in, eat in the lounge, cancel ticket, leaves, rinse, repeat.)
                        Don't think it's possible to refund a ticket once the BP has been issued... probably you will only be able to refund back the return sector... I may be wrong though...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Don't think it's possible to refund a ticket once the BP has been issued........
                          BP has no relevance as long as you are offloaded before flight closure (usually 10-20 minutes prior). Your ticket can still be refunded based on fare rule.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                            BP has no relevance as long as you are offloaded before flight closure (usually 10-20 minutes prior). Your ticket can still be refunded based on fare rule.
                            Didn't realise that. Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

I think it is too easy to fake a BP and use it to get into airside. There's no verification apart from checking the names on the BP and passport match.

However with increased security checks at Changi, Immigration will know that you went in and out on the same day, though I'm not certain if anyone will be pulled up if that happen. A few years ago I did just that with less than 30mins airside because I had to make a dash home to get my drivers license. No problem at all.

There's a serious gap here.

Comment

Working...
                              X