X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    And to support your theory, I add the third option to the two already presented- I like to be in the middle of the cabin in terms of rows. Highest priority though is that my seat number ends with A. Must have a window and if at all possible I want the window to my left.

51A on the standard B77W, now 56A on the 77WR due to the renumbering is my ultimate seat of choice. I just can't get far enough away from those galleys and toilets!
    I've had 51A once (I think 2010 from SFO-HKG, or was it 53A, I forget lol), but I did remember having 51K last year in 2015, that's a pretty good row to sit in, a bit past the middle of that cabin and views aren't too bad.

Also, my itinerary for Dec/Jan shows I have 51A though I did not select it on SQ1 but I have 40A while coming back on SQ2, always happens to me every time I book SQ with a TA.

Leave a comment:

• KC*
    replied
    And to support your theory, I add the third option to the two already presented- I like to be in the middle of the cabin in terms of rows. Highest priority though is that my seat number ends with A. Must have a window and if at all possible I want the window to my left.

51A on the standard B77W, now 56A on the 77WR due to the renumbering is my ultimate seat of choice. I just can't get far enough away from those galleys and toilets!
    And I prefer an aisle seat. So there you are!

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by KC* View Post
    Those who ask questions like "which is the best seat or whatever" should read this caveat to all advice given.

No two persons are the same.

Leave a comment:

• KC*
    replied
    Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    70% of my flights are in Y and I always choose the back row. I always prefer to have my back to the wall! I dont like having people behind me
    Originally posted by EWR View Post
    In reverse, I like to be in the first row. Never fancied someone leaning into my space (although I know (some) babies can be bothersome)
    Those who ask questions like "which is the best seat or whatever" should read this caveat to all advice given.

No two persons are the same.

Leave a comment:

• EWR
    replied
    Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    70% of my flights are in Y and I always choose the back row. I always prefer to have my back to the wall! I dont like having people behind me
    In reverse, I like to be in the first row. Never fancied someone leaning into my space (although I know (some) babies can be bothersome)

Leave a comment:

• concept|infinit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leops1984
    replied
    It's kind of hard to imagine how they can remove the curved fuselage, unless they have a box shaped aircraft, or use the space in the back for other things. One solution for some airlines (or even the old SQ 744s) is to remove one seat, or to have rows jut out into the aisle until the aisle becomes too tight (then take out one seat). Tilting the rows at an angle, like the old B772s and 773s, doesn't seem like the best idea.
    They just moved the point where the fuselage curves aft, so that (in theory) the seat rows aren't affected. Of course, the claim for the A350 is that it's constant width from door 1 to door 4, but the trip reports about the J class seats seem to disagree...

Leave a comment:

• EWR
    replied
    One hope I have for the future is that I read the A350 was specifically designed to have a fuselage that would remove this problem. From what I remember, Airbus stated that this was a significant demand from airlines as they see fuselage curvature as an annoying capacity inefficiency that also creates particular seats viewed as sub-optimal, your dilemma being a case in point. I'm finally going to get my first flight in one to DUS at the end of the year and I'm very keen to have a good look as to whether this has actually come to fruition or if it became a broken promise.
    It's kind of hard to imagine how they can remove the curved fuselage, unless they have a box shaped aircraft, or use the space in the back for other things. One solution for some airlines (or even the old SQ 744s) is to remove one seat, or to have rows jut out into the aisle until the aisle becomes too tight (then take out one seat). Tilting the rows at an angle, like the old B772s and 773s, doesn't seem like the best idea.

As an aisde, I remember that the A388s also have such misaligned / tilted rows. However, I was a little perplexed as in this case, the aisle seats have extra legroom, whereas the window ones are tight? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• EWR
    replied
    It is annoying isn't it? Tight seats at the back. Unfortunately seats at the back are the only ones left. This seat was 60K on 777-300 on a BNE flight I flew on a long time ago. I can't ascertain it for the 9V-SR series. Will update next week

I can report that the misaligned row on B777-200 (SR series) is 53. Window seats have tons of legroom, while the aisle seats (C and H) are super tight, plus an entertainment box under the seat in front. 53A and K are really quite good seats (if you don't mind the slightly side-turned PTV).

I can't tell which the misaligned row is on the B777-300 (SY series) however. Doesn't appear to be 55, where I was.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    It is annoying isn't it? Tight seats at the back. Unfortunately seats at the back are the only ones left. This seat was 60K on 777-300 on a BNE flight I flew on a long time ago. I can't ascertain it for the 9V-SR series. Will update next week
    One hope I have for the future is that I read the A350 was specifically designed to have a fuselage that would remove this problem. From what I remember, Airbus stated that this was a significant demand from airlines as they see fuselage curvature as an annoying capacity inefficiency that also creates particular seats viewed as sub-optimal, your dilemma being a case in point. I'm finally going to get my first flight in one to DUS at the end of the year and I'm very keen to have a good look as to whether this has actually come to fruition or if it became a broken promise.

Leave a comment:

• EWR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    I hope this is not a strange question but I'm booked on the oldish B777-200 on SQ800 from SIN-PEK departing early next week. There are only seats (Y) at the back left for this flight. I recall vaguely flying on this type years ago that two particular aisle seats (C and H) are really tight in one row at the back, because of the curvature of the fuselage and the misalignment of that row in question. Does anyone know which row this is, so that it can be avoided? Many thanks (I hope I make sense).
    I understand your question perfectly. Unfortunately this is about the only type of the plane in the fleet other than the new A350 that I haven't flown up the back of. In general the third last row can be one of the worst as the second last usually has no C or H seat behind it. This might be one of the rare times where I'd opt for a central seat i.e. DEG. I'm normally a strict any number with A-sitter, but even window seats can feel the pinch right up the back.

Leave a comment:

• EWR
    started a topic The odd tight aisle seat on old B777s

The odd tight aisle seat on old B777s

I hope this is not a strange question but I'm booked on the oldish B777-200 on SQ800 from SIN-PEK departing early next week. There are only seats (Y) at the back left for this flight. I recall vaguely flying on this type years ago that two particular aisle seats (C and H) are really tight in one row at the back, because of the curvature of the fuselage and the misalignment of that row in question. Does anyone know which row this is, so that it can be avoided? Many thanks (I hope I make sense).
Working...
X