A Conundrum of Sorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Conundrum of Sorts

You guys may recall i previously posted about getting seats to/from SIN-LHR/CDG-SIN.

I have since managed to redeem 2 J-savers SIN-LHR/CDG-SIN for my kids (13 & 15 yo). I was all prepared to pay for my own ticket (so I could get miles) when a generous person stepped in and offered to redeem a ticket for me.

Unfortunately, by the time I went in to try to do the redemption, neither of those 2 flights I had booked my kids on had anymore J-savers left, and not even a Waitlist option!

So..i did the next best thing, redeem a First Class (B777-300ER, SIN-LHR)/Suites (A380 CDG-SIN) Saver ticket for myself

Now, i would actually prefer to fly on J with my kids, esp on the B777-300ER, since I think First Class isn't all that different from the Business Class. Likewise, I would be perfectly happy to be on J on the CDG-SIN Flight! But it just doesn't make sense to redeem a standard award ticket since it costs more than a Suites saver.

I called SQ and they said there is no option to wait list, and they will not make any exception for me (i tried to beg, saying my kids were in J etc). I have no status with KF.

Any ideas what i can do? As the title of my post quite aptly describes it.. it's a (nice) conundrum of sorts...

Not sure how successful you might be but maybe you could highlight to staff at the lounge or gate and offer to swap seats with a single traveller in J? That's what I was planning to do on a recent trip till my w/l cleared.

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
    You guys may recall i previously posted about getting seats to/from SIN-LHR/CDG-SIN.

I have since managed to redeem 2 J-savers SIN-LHR/CDG-SIN for my kids (13 & 15 yo). I was all prepared to pay for my own ticket (so I could get miles) when a generous person stepped in and offered to redeem a ticket for me.

Unfortunately, by the time I went in to try to do the redemption, neither of those 2 flights I had booked my kids on had anymore J-savers left, and not even a Waitlist option!

So..i did the next best thing, redeem a First Class (B777-300ER, SIN-LHR)/Suites (A380 CDG-SIN) Saver ticket for myself

Now, i would actually prefer to fly on J with my kids, esp on the B777-300ER, since I think First Class isn't all that different from the Business Class. Likewise, I would be perfectly happy to be on J on the CDG-SIN Flight! But it just doesn't make sense to redeem a standard award ticket since it costs more than a Suites saver.

I called SQ and they said there is no option to wait list, and they will not make any exception for me (i tried to beg, saying my kids were in J etc). I have no status with KF.

Any ideas what i can do? As the title of my post quite aptly describes it.. it's a (nice) conundrum of sorts...

Comment

F on the 77WN does have an edge over J in terms of both hard and soft product, i feel, but not as much as F and J on the A380 of course. Perhaps its just because i like having my Krug and Dom heh.

Comment

That's the other thing - i don't take alcohol, nor do i enjoy caviar!

I could offer to swop seats with a single passenger in J , but it would be a waste of miles (especially since they were gifted to me), so I probably won't go down that road..

Comment

SQ control award space on their flights very tightly, so I think the only way to save the extra miles while also flying in J is to pay for a ticket.

You can also try watching award availability in the run up to the flight. SQ may decide to open up another seat to a saver award before your flight, but that's probably extremely unlikely. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on it, though.

Comment

Working...
          X