Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ25 & SQ26 goes tech on same day

From Ninervictor's Facebook page:

"Several disruptions with Singapore Airlines FRA-JFK operations over the past day.

SQ25 JFK-FRA (9V-SKM) on 26/7 cancelled due to AOG. 9V-SVF (SQ8850) deployed to FRA as rescue flight, departed SIN at 0032LT on 27/7.

SQ26 SIN-FRA (9V-SKT) on 26/7 air-turned after departure from SIN. 9V-SKQ deployed as SQ26D, departed SIN at 0512LT.

9V-SKM and SKT remain on-ground at the time of this post."
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Wah, SVF space bed to the rescue.....

Comment

sorry for the dumb question, AOG = technical issue?

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
        sorry for the dumb question, AOG = technical issue?
        Yes, AOG = Aircraft on Ground. It means that there is a technical problem serious enough to warrant grounding the aircraft. It's really unfortunate for two A380s to have technical issues on the same day, let alone on the same set of flights. It's even more unfortunate for the customers who have to endure flying an un-refitted 772ER. Going from an A380 to a purple cabin 772ER is one of the worst downgrades I can imagine.

Comment

9V-SKT is back on duty, she is serving SQ26 with two-hours delay.

Comment

9V-SVF returned to SIN this morning at 0836 (STA: 0630) as SQ9025.

Comment

9V-SKM has departed JFK about an hour ago as SIA25D.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                Yes, AOG = Aircraft on Ground. It means that there is a technical problem serious enough to warrant grounding the aircraft. It's really unfortunate for two A380s to have technical issues on the same day, let alone on the same set of flights. It's even more unfortunate for the customers who have to endure flying an un-refitted 772ER. Going from an A380 to a purple cabin 772ER is one of the worst downgrades I can imagine.
                Was the substitute aircraft one with the old regional F?
                I can imagine the looks on the faces of the Suites passengers when they saw their seats on that flight

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                  Was the substitute aircraft one with the old regional F?
                  I can imagine the looks on the faces of the Suites passengers when they saw their seats on that flight
                  9V-SVF does not even have an F cabin. We are talking downgrade from a Suite to J followed by a further downgrade to the only remaining plane in the fleet with 2-2-2 configured Spacebeds which I dare to suggest may be in a less than optimal condition by now!

I suspect F passengers may possibly have been ferried to either LHR, CDG or ZRH on partner airlines and slotted into any empty suites on those flights, assuming that there may be a Suite or two empty here and there. It's peak season, so expensive hotel rooms may also have been deployed.

Comment

Working...
                  X