Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps.

I suspect an evening departure from MAN would prove popular on the Kangaroo route. Something timed to arrive around the time of SQ321 from LHR would be ideal.

Personally, I think daily SQ51/52 is where we will end up in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
      I suspect an evening departure from MAN would prove popular on the Kangaroo route. Something timed to arrive around the time of SQ321 from LHR would be ideal.
      I would prefer a morning departure. That way when you get to Australia is it there evening and you can go straight to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        I would prefer a morning departure. That way when you get to Australia is it there evening and you can go straight to bed.
        That's fair - i like the evening for the exact opposite reason - I've (probably) had a good sleep on the plane and by that point I am ready for a day of doing whatever before crashing out at 9/10pm ish!

Depends what works for you and whether you can sleep in a plane!

Comment

That's fair - i like the evening for the exact opposite reason - I've (probably) had a good sleep on the plane and by that point I am ready for a day of doing whatever before crashing out at 9/10pm ish!

Its more jet lag for me. If I get to Australia in the morning I am constantly battling with myself to say awake. Even if I had slept on the plane.

Comment

I've tried both in the eastern direction many times and I'm undecided.

Lunchtime out of Europe, dawn at SIN then day flight home does have the advantage of sleeping when I get back to my place, but I struggle to get the full 7 hours on the first leg because I've not been up long before the first meal service is over. Also the day flight on the second half can be an ordeal!

Evening out of Europe helps me get the good sleep, but then there's the red-eye into Australia and the massive customs queues...

One thing I'm 100% sure of is an evening flight to SIN then flying through the night to Europe when heading west is the only way to go!

Comment

Perhaps.

Personally, I think daily SQ51/52 is where we will end up in 2017.
              That was my thought initially. If SQ51/52 ends up daily, they *may* consider a second daily MAN, but for now I don't think it's necessary. They had a daily via MUC and even before that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I've tried both in the eastern direction many times and I'm undecided.

Lunchtime out of Europe, dawn at SIN then day flight home does have the advantage of sleeping when I get back to my place, but I struggle to get the full 7 hours on the first leg because I've not been up long before the first meal service is over. Also the day flight on the second half can be an ordeal!

Evening out of Europe helps me get the good sleep, but then there's the red-eye into Australia and the massive customs queues...

One thing I'm 100% sure of is an evening flight to SIN then flying through the night to Europe when heading west is the only way to go!
                One more option.....
                Evening out of Europe. Spend the evening in SG with us SIN-based folks, then morning to Aus
                You know who you can call

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  That was my thought initially. If SQ51/52 ends up daily, they *may* consider a second daily MAN, but for now I don't think it's necessary. They had a daily via MUC and even before that as well.
                  Back in the early 2000's SQ were close to adding a second daily on three days of the week.

I think there is a fair chance SQ51/52 goes daily, but a second daily (on however many days of the week) seems unrealistic unless a further transit flight is introduced via MAN. This is not entirely unrealistic because of the USPC facility to be incorporated into the new terminal.

Even then, there would have to be some consideration in the timings. From MAN's perspective it would not be great to have two flights leaving within a couple of hours of each other to SIN, but that may be the sensible decision based in the (presumably) larger markets on the east coast of the USA...

EDIT: could (for example) SQ51/52 be retained to an evening departure from
                  MAN-SIN without either increasing the MAN layover and still providing good departure/arrival times to IAH and SIN? Perhaps leaving MAN around 9.30pm local time?
                  Last edited by Dobbo; 17 November 2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    One more option.....
                    Evening out of Europe. Spend the evening in SG with us SIN-based folks, then morning to Aus
                    You know who you can call
                    I'll hold to to that!!! 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                      I think there is a fair chance SQ51/52 goes daily, but a second daily (on however many days of the week) seems unrealistic unless a further transit flight is introduced via MAN. This is not entirely unrealistic because of the USPC facility to be incorporated into the new terminal.
                      There is no confirmation on it going daily yet, and more than daily is a pipe dream at the moment. The economics of the A350 will change things but they will want to see how it all goes for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        There is no confirmation on it going daily yet, and more than daily is a pipe dream at the moment. The economics of the A350 will change things but they will want to see how it all goes for a while.
                        Wholeheartedly agree - if the present routing doesn't perform at 5x weekly on the A350 - there is no chance they throw another couple of weekly rotations (probably the opposite!).

Comment

• In case anyone missed it due to being buried in the main A350 thread this route is now confirmed as switching to full A350 ops from 17 January. This means no more F on the route from then, which is a shame as the last 30 or so flights on MAN-SIN or vv I have done have been in F. But I am happy that the route is now nonstop.

I did manage to do all four 'new' routes in the first month and the new departure time from SIN is taking a bit of getting used to. Not used to seeing Changi so quiet!!.

The impression I have so far is that those travelling between SIN and IAH much prefer the MAN stopover to DME, which is not surprising. MAN seem to be getting the hang of handling the transit pax now with even a permanent sign in T2 marked for SQ and PK pax, which is good going for MAN getting that done so quick.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 24 December 2016, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Good to hear MAN are getting to grips with the transfer.

Sounds like SIN-MAN going non stop has made a real difference, but work needs to be done to bring the MAN-IAH sector up to speed.

Let's hope the new route continues to grow in 2017, starting with the switch to the A350.

Holiday greetings to all.

Comment

• CX are also switching from 77W to A350 to MAN next year, as well as adding an additional weekly flight.

Comment

• CX have applied for daily slots for HKG-MAN, so the 5x weekly was a surprise. May be daily by September 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X