Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I think someone must have thought they have changed the timings already as I saw an SQ 777 depart MAN at around 11am yesterday...

Indeed. And despite clicking to confirm my acceptance of the timing changes on the booking it still wouldn't let me touch it until I had called them.
    The new route is not forecasted for a 77WR yet lol. Unless there are more 77W to be refitted, MAN will go from 77WR to a 2006 77W (most likely!). I thought IAH would go 77WR when they switch it to via MAN guess that's not happening.

Comment

Wow, only a few weeks before MAN loses its 77WR service. Only about 3 times during the time 77WR served 328/327, it had a 2006 77W (SWR during the Holiday Season, SWG two other times this year).

Hope eventually IAH will get a 77WR or a 2013 product of some sort next.

Comment

The last MAN-MUC-SIN is on Saturday (all times are MAN/MUC time).

This has been a good route, enabling SQ to continue to serve MAN during some tough times - and it has lasted far longer than initially expected.

Sunday marks the first MAN-IAH and Monday the return of MAN-SIN non-stop. It is difficult to compete with the MEB3 (soon to be 4) at MAN, but with the right combination SQ can return to the "glory" days of the early to mid noughties and beyond.

5x weekly is not perfect, but a move to daily would not be an enormous change, and the route now has the opportunity to bed down and establish its self.

Good luck SQ.

Comment

I am on the inaugural to IAH tomorrow. Be nice to see some special gate activity at MAN about SQ for a change. I was originally coming straight back but now have to head to the Caribbean on Business, sadly not one of the nice parts.

Shame I will now miss Monday's SQ event to celebrate the new flights, which is being held after the first nonstop to Changi leaves. I would have liked the opportunity to have a chat with the bigwigs from MAN about a few 'issues'...
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 October 2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

9V-SWT is scheduled to operate SQ52|30OCT after arriving from HND (as SQ633).

Gate: B9
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I was originally coming straight back but now have to head to the Caribbean on Business, sadly not one of the nice parts.
              POS by any chance? Was there around 2 years back and found out how dangerous the place can be....
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

What have those pesky bigwigs got to answer for!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  9V-SWT is scheduled to operate SQ52|30OCT after arriving from HND (as SQ633).

Gate: B9
                  I knew MAN would revert back to 2006 77W since it extends to IAH. Besides, it was already well known because they didn't advertise they were going to introduce their 2013 cabin products to the IAH market. MUC still stays 77WR according to SQ's website, not the A350 we thought of. Hopefully if this route does well (which I'm sure it probably will), a change to daily and probably a 77WR could do.

As far as DME, that is a standalone flight which could sometimes get ad-hoc subs to 77WN very rarely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    POS by any chance? Was there around 2 years back and found out how dangerous the place can be....
                    Yep, that's where I'm going!.

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                    What have those pesky bigwigs got to answer for!
                    That bloody awful airport they are in charge of....

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I knew MAN would revert back to 2006 77W since it extends to IAH.
                    I wasn't aware there was any doubt about the aircraft type ?

Comment

That bloody awful airport they are in charge of....
                      Well quite.

I don't think the situation is likely to change much before the new terminal facilities are in situ - and that's only one of the elements of the airport service that needs to be improved (in my view)...

If we are not in touch before, enjoy tomorrow's flight - even if you have to endure the POS...

Comment

9V-SWG is operating the new terminator service to DME as SQ362|31OCT.

Gate: B8
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Well that was good fun. While inaugurals and other special flights on SQ are nothing new, this is the first 'special' one from MAN so it was nice to be part of it after all these years of flying them from there. It was great to see some friends from SQ who I have known for years fully involved. SQ have some great and dedicated people working at/from MAN.

IAH made a bit of an effort as well with a water cannon salute, eventually at least on the right hand side when they finally got the fire truck going as we were nearly past it. Lots of media and other officials around the gate area as well.

There were a few teething problems for those connecting in from elsewhere and those coming through all the way from SIN to IAH, but it was the first day and I am sure they will iron that out. Unsurprisingly some transit pax were not impressed with the lounge options, especially the lack of shower facilities. That's one of the issue at T2 unfortunately and won't be solved quickly. I never use the lounge any more anyway instead getting a voucher for Cafe Ritazza. A couple of transit pax I spoke to said it was still much better than stopping in Moscow.

I hope the route 'works' as a direct flight to IAH for me is very handy, and on SQ a bonus. Shame the O&G market has tanked and UA not interested in onward codeshares as that would have made things easier but there you go. At least they wont need to sell First progressively from early next year when the route goes A350.

Now the SQ staff at MAN, and T2 itself, has to get ready to handle two SQ 777's at once with transit pax both ways. That should be interesting.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 31 October 2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Well that was good fun. While inaugurals and other special flights on SQ are nothing new, this is the first 'special' one from MAN so it was nice to be part of it after all these years of flying them from there. It was great to see some friends from SQ who I have known for years fully involved. SQ have some great and dedicated people working at/from MAN.

IAH made a bit of an effort as well with a water cannon salute, eventually at least on the right hand side when they finally got the fire truck going as we were nearly past it. Lots of media and other officials around the gate area as well.

There were a few teething problems for those connecting in from elsewhere and those coming through all the way from SIN to IAH, but it was the first day and I am sure they will iron that out. Unsurprisingly some transit pax were not impressed with the lounge options, especially the lack of shower facilities. That's one of the issue at T2 unfortunately and won't be solved quickly. I never use the lounge any more anyway instead getting a voucher for Cafe Ritazza. A couple of transit pax I spoke to said it was still much better than stopping in Moscow.

I hope the route 'works' as a direct flight to IAH for me is very handy, and on SQ a bonus. Shame the O&G market has tanked and UA not interested in onward codeshares as that would have made things easier but there you go. At least they wont need to sell First progressively from early next year when the route goes A350.

Now the SQ staff at MAN, and T2 itself, has to get ready to handle two SQ 777's at once with transit pax both ways. That should be interesting.
                            Handling two SQ 777's are nothing new, ICN must have had that at some point when SQ16/15 existed, mostly in the Summer when the flight coming from SFO meets the flight heading to SFO. Other examples that come to mind are NRT, probably in 2011 and back before it was a 747. SQ52 operates Sun, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, so it will definitely be Wednesday and the entire weekend MAN is going to do this. When that goes daily (hopefully) then it will be everyday of course (assuming no delays out of IAH or SIN).

Comment

Handling two SQ 777's are nothing new, ICN must have had that at some point when SQ16/15 existed, mostly in the Summer when the flight coming from SFO meets the flight heading to SFO. Other examples that come to mind are NRT, probably in 2011 and back before it was a 747. SQ52 operates Sun, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, so it will definitely be Wednesday and the entire weekend MAN is going to do this. When that goes daily (hopefully) then it will be everyday of course (assuming no delays out of IAH or SIN).
                              The simultaneous presence of SQ11 and SQ12 at NRT was a regular thing even after the aircraft changed to the A380.

Comment

I'm not sure how the simultaneous presence of two SQ aircraft at an airport can in anyway be compared. One airport could be set up perfectly to handle it and another airport could fail miserably. It's dependent upon the circumstances of the airport. The comment by MAN Flyer was clearly related to the conditions specific to MAN.

Comment

Working...
                                X