Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New landing announcements: No more local time/date/temperature??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New landing announcements: No more local time/date/temperature??

I have not flown SQ lately since last year, but I watched some recent videos up on YT. Is this true (As per any of your recent experiences) that when the plane lands the steward/stewardess speaks the usual welcome announcement but no longer states the local time, date, or temperature (Both in Celcius and Farenheit)?

The only other airline I know whose announcements don't contain time/date/temperature is Cathay Pacific (2009 and probably even now).

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    I have not flown SQ lately since last year, but I watched some recent videos up on YT. Is this true (As per any of your recent experiences) that when the plane lands the steward/stewardess speaks the usual welcome announcement but no longer states the local time, date, or temperature (Both in Celcius and Farenheit)?

The only other airline I know whose announcements don't contain time/date/temperature is Cathay Pacific (2009 and probably even now).
    My last five flights in May and June there was the announcements of time and weather - but think it was from the pilot. And as per always the FA did have the welcome annonucement with the 'drug offence' seriousness in SG

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      My last five flights in May and June there was the announcements of time and weather - but think it was from the pilot. And as per always the FA did have the welcome annonucement with the 'drug offence' seriousness in SG
      That's not what I'm talking about. When the plane lands in Singapore they give residents and Singaporeans a warm welcome home. Right after that, they would say the local time, followed by the date and temperature. Recent YT videos suggested that it's likely they stopped saying the time/date/temperature after the welcome announcement.

The announcement of drug offenses in SG should obviously be part of anyone filling out a form. Pilot would obviously say all of this except for the date.

Comment

It was said on SQ328 last month, just like normal.

Comment

Got off SQ231 to SYD and the announcement was very short as well with no date/time/temp.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Got off SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK today. Can't remember if the date was announced but temperature for sure, as I noted that it was given in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.

Comment

Was onboard SQ351 two weeks ago. Pretty sure all this information was included.
              Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

SQ319 yesterday: Welcome to London ladies and gentlemen. You may use your mobile phones and tablets. Kindly remain seated with your seatbelt fastened until the seatbelt sign is switched off. When leaving the aircraft, please take care when opening the overhead compartments and check that you have not left anything behind on your seat and in your seat pocket. It has been our pleasure serving you on this flight. Thank you for flying Singapore Airlines - a member of Star Alliance.

Comment

That's not what I'm talking about. When the plane lands in Singapore they give residents and Singaporeans a warm welcome home. Right after that, they would say the local time, followed by the date and temperature. Recent YT videos suggested that it's likely they stopped saying the time/date/temperature after the welcome announcement.

The announcement of drug offenses in SG should obviously be part of anyone filling out a form. Pilot would obviously say all of this except for the date.
                  What I meant is from my last few trips it was that it was the pilot who provided the local time and temperature. This was during the landing process. Thus the info was provided.

To me if its provided on landing arrival welcome or 10 prior during the landing does not make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                    What I meant is from my last few trips it was that it was the pilot who provided the local time and temperature. This was during the landing process. Thus the info was provided.

To me if its provided on landing arrival welcome or 10 prior during the landing does not make a difference.
                    I back up your claim. My memory for landing in both SIN and MEL today was the weather coming from the cockpit and the FA doing the drug penalties (for SIN) and plants/vegetables/soil/insects/wooden products/meat/cargo hold spraying for insects/don't leave gates open/watch for crocodiles... (for MEL).

Comment

Confirmed by the crew on today's flight. New procedure, cabin crew would not announce the date/time/temp after landing.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        Confirmed by the crew on today's flight. New procedure, cabin crew would not announce the date/time/temp after landing.
                        Wow I understand now. Also wonder if SilkAir will also implement this too? Thankfully, two people who understand the point I am trying to get across. I think this is relatively a new procedure only adopted this month. Oh God, 2016 is sure a major year for many things; times are sure changing. :O

Comment

Why would they drop this? I can't see any benefit to SQ in not mentioning the temp etc. Its not like they pay the FA's for each word they say!

Comment

Perhaps it was a silly protocol to begin with? If the FA had to get the info from the cockpit then relay the info to passenger why not streamline and get the pilot to announce during the decent announcement. Seems more like an efficient process. For me I just look at the screen

Comment

Working...
                            X