Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ318 Redirected to DXB 23/06/16

Anyone know what happened there?

Yeah i was wondering too. Thru looking at LHR webbie, seems like a number of flights in and out have been delayed too. Was raining vv heavily in London this afternoon too. But doesn't seem like bad weather would shut it down that bad.

Comment

Could be due to the air traffic controllers strike in France

Comment

Was on that flight. Someone got a heart atttack, pilot made a good decision to divert to dxb, although we were closer to baku. They learnt from the past exp.

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
          Was on that flight. Someone got a heart atttack, pilot made a good decision to divert to dxb, although we were closer to baku. They learnt from the past exp.
          Oh dear, hope that person is ok. Thanks for the info!

Comment

There was also a massive delay with SQ322 departing SIN last night. The flight eventually left about 4 hours late. The flight was out of gate A2 and when I landed at midnight I saw an A380 at the same gate, so maybe technical. By 1:00 when I was boarding for ZRH out of A5, things were getting frantic.

Comment

Seems that Brexit caused a crazy amount of confusion with LHR, no idea why. Had 5 friends stuck in the airport/planes forced to circle for an hour plus before landing/taxiing for 45-60mins before taking off, on different airlines (none on SQ though).

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                Seems that Brexit caused a crazy amount of confusion with LHR, no idea why. Had 5 friends stuck in the airport/planes forced to circle for an hour plus before landing/taxiing for 45-60mins before taking off, on different airlines (none on SQ though).
                Hmmm what does Brexit have to do with airport operations?

London was experiencing massive thunderstorms over the past few days. With Heathrow packed to the brim with its two runways, this seems like a more plausible explanation for the delays.

I've been on an SQ flight last year that had to divert to Gatwick after circling for an hour, because of what looked like a drizzle at Heathrow throwing everything off.
                Last edited by cowie; 26 June 2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                  Seems that Brexit caused a crazy amount of confusion with LHR, no idea why.
                  The only possible reason I can think of is the champagne had just arrived in the tower...

Comment

Just reporting what my friend told me. There was hearsay going around. Oops.

Comment

The weather has been incredible here the last week. Thunderstorms with heavy rain. By Singapore standards nothing much, but for here a big deal which caused a lot disruption.

Most probably a portent of things to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X