SIA goes to 3X A380 daily on SIN-LHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA goes to 3X A380 daily on SIN-LHR

From October 24, SIA is upguaging its SIN-LHR Ops by going 3x A380 daily, with the A380 coming off from SIN-NRT-LAX being used.

So as regards Singapore-London the A380 flights from October 24 are: SQ306, SQ308 and SQ322. For London-Singapore the A380 services will be: SQ305, SQ317 and SQ321.

The single daily flight rostered for the B777-300ER will be SQ318 from Singapore to London and SQ319 for London to Singapore.

I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss is about, as SQ used to be 3 daily A380s and 1 77W - it was when they first launched the 4th flight in 2012

But, hey, Business Traveller needs to make a story out of something...

Comment

I'm pretty sure SQ is having a hard time fitting the extra A380 capacity into the rest of it's network. As it is,SQ already has problem filling up capacity on the LHR route before the up gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
        I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss is about, as SQ used to be 3 daily A380s and 1 77W - it was when they first launched the 4th flight in 2012

I feel like it is more of an downgrade for now as SQ306 will lose a 77WR with the new cabin products!

However lets hope that SQ318 will now be served by a 77WN/R consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
          I feel like it is more of an downgrade for now as SQ306 will lose a 77WR with the new cabin products!

However lets hope that SQ318 will now be served by a 77WN/R consistently.
          I agree. Personally, I much prefer the newer internal product and a smaller plane. I'm glad SQ318/9 are unaffected as I have a couple of flights on them. But aren't 77WN and 77WR having the same new seats apart from the addition of PEY in the four class plane?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            I agree. Personally, I much prefer the newer internal product and a smaller plane. I'm glad SQ318/9 are unaffected as I have a couple of flights on them. But aren't 77WN and 77WR having the same new seats apart from the addition of PEY in the four class plane?
            Yes you are right. Both 77WN and 77WR are fitted with the same 2013 cabin products and Configuration R is with PEY.

I have a J Saver on SQ318 in Jan 2017 (winter). so this is definitely good news for me! Hence 77WN or 77WR, doesn't make a difference to me!

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post

Agree completely, this isn't new at all.

I'm also dubious of this supposed connection made between A380s coming off LAX and going to LHR. Many changes occur in the October timetable change and it is a complete assumption that the upgauge for LHR is in response to the LAX decision. Even if an SQ spokeperson were to make the claim, that doesn't mean they weren't already planning to go ahead with this anyway. The wing-crack repairs have affected A380 availability and as these wind up, more A380s will be on call. There are numerous other variables that could also be in play. They do have 19 of them afterall.

Comment

SQ306|24JUN is being operated by A380 (9V-SKF). Is the change taking place this month instead of October?

EDIT: Hmm, looks like SQ306 is returning to the gate.
                Last edited by 9V-SPL; 24 June 2016, 02:12 AM.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  SQ306|24JUN is being operated by A380 (9V-SKF). Is the change taking place this month instead of October?

EDIT: Hmm, looks like SQ306 is returning to the gate.
                  Wow it sounds like SQ A380s are having more problems mechanically. Also since LHR went 3 daily A380 I know no other 77WR routes will be affected unless maintenance or something else, but it will result in one thing: 2 77WR will be staying overnight in Changi before its next assignment; SQ222 arriving at 9PM and maybe going as 328/327, or another loop as 231/222 or simply staying overnight (This can also apply to SQ286 arriving from AKL) and SQ15 which stays overnight idle from 1AM til its next assignment (More commonly in the PM hour).

As for the change it is temporary because of NSummer season the A380 is going to LHR and 77WR to SYD for SWinter season. It is up to September (Til second to last week of October 306/305 return to 77WR and 231/222 return to A380), but because the A380 is coming out of the LAX route in October, that will go to LHR which will also free up a 77WR to be used for LAX whereas the other 77WR will be freed from the SFO/ICN route onto one of the other LAX routes
                  Last edited by SQfanatic; 24 June 2016, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X