Global outage on reservations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global outage on reservations?

Just called to book a flight and got told they have a global IT outage and no agent anywhere can access the reservation system. Any reports from other regions?
    On the other hand the website still shows be flights, just not my most preferred options (as usual). Not sure if I should book online if they really have IT problems

According to the agent, the system is working again, but only ok for quick lookups as it keeps crashing every couple of mins. So not good yet for starting any bookings.

Now I wouldn't call that "working again"...

Comment

I was in their Jakarta office around noon time on 13th June. The agent took 1.5 hours to get my booking amended and issued. Could see she was exasperated. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry! Maybe a hacker at work...

Comment

Or maybe just SQ's IT doing upgrades :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post
          Maybe the problem originated from BER?

(Sorry, too hard to resist!)

Comment

I doubt I'll ever fly from that airport if they go on like that. But, hey, once completing we'll have the only place in the world where smoke flows downwards rather than up during a fire. This should be worth another 20 years construction time at minimum.

Ok, no more words on BER then... And btw. I was actually about to book a flight to MEL or even HBA.

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post
              Upgrade during the day?
              Anyway, heard from someone their IT system is not in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                Upgrade during the day?
                Anyway, heard from someone their IT system is not in Singapore.
                Thats quite common. I am an IT manager, much of our IT system is not based in the country.

Comment

Working...
                X