A380 Y Class First Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 Y Class First Row

Hi sorry this may be a silly question Does anyone know if seat 31K in the first row of non-refitted A380s have a PTV that you pull out from the bottom of the seat, or is it a TV mounted on the wall? If it's the latter, is it too far to watch movies from? Thanks

From the bottom of the seat I think.

Comment

Thanks that's a relief to hear. I don't want to have to crank my neck

Comment

Originally posted by heninkk View Post
        From the bottom of the seat I think.
        I am not so sure...for the emex seats, the IFE screens fold out from the seat.

For the center bulkhead seats, the IFE screen is mounted on the bulkhead.

Note that the picture above is row 44 (Emex), not row 31.

I don't have pictures of row 31 to refer to, but I believe on the SQ A380, row 31, the 3 window-side seats are bulkhead seats, not emex seats, so the screens may be mounted on the bulkhead. I don't have any pictures to verify this, and I can't recall. Perhaps someone else has a definitive answer.

Comment

Uh oh.. I found a picture on airliners.net.. There are mounted TVs for 31, but not sure if there are those swing arm types as well. Aren't those a little high to be watching from a seat below?

Comment

I've always thought those bulkhead seats were weird with the wall-mounted IFE. Looks even worse in the first row of PEY. EMEX seats obviously all have screens in the armrest.
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Working...
            X