SQ242

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ242

After booking flights to LHR via SIN in Sept, I'm happy to see that at some point (May I think?) SQ242 is being upgraded form a 772 to 773. I've always liked being able to go from the office to catch this flight (usually 6 or 7pm dep depending on daylight savings) and get up to SIN same day without losing a day of work but the old seats and very old IFE were never much fun!

I always fly with SQ 801 which is also operated by 773 and no losing for the day work. There is no difference seat between 773 and unrefitted 77W in Y cabin, while the IFE is pretty different. I hope you will fly 9V-SYI which has been fitted the 10.6’ Panasonic IFE from 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
      After booking flights to LHR via SIN in Sept, I'm happy to see that at some point (May I think?) SQ242 is being upgraded form a 772 to 773. I've always liked being able to go from the office to catch this flight (usually 6 or 7pm dep depending on daylight savings) and get up to SIN same day without losing a day of work but the old seats and very old IFE were never much fun!

Yes, it is going to happen around 08MAY but I can't say I see much difference it makes if sitting in Y. Will still be an older seat with old handset stowed in the armrest and a reduced selection on the IFE because of the older system but just with new seatcovers. It's almost an identical experience to the 772ER.

If you happen to be flying in J then you have actually been downgraded! Instead of 1-2-1 longhaul configuration on the refitted SV-series 772, it has changed to regional J with a 2-2-2 configuration.

As heninkk points out, the only exception is if you get 9V-SYI, which is just one of the 6 remaining 773 craft and then you will have a newer seat in Y and a full Krisworld experience. If you are in J and get SYI, I actually don't know what you will get. Probably the same regional J seat but with an updated Krisworld. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Oh - thanks for the info! I had (clearly incorrectly) thought that the 773s have the updated seat, like the A380's. Oh well - I'll make sure the ipad is loaded up!

Comment

Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
          Oh - thanks for the info! I had (clearly incorrectly) thought that the 773s have the updated seat, like the A380's. Oh well - I'll make sure the ipad is loaded up!
          Well one of them does have the upgraded seat/IFE so you've got a 16.67% chance of getting it!

Comment

Working...
          X