Cockpit tours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit tours?

Hello, are passengers allowed to visit the cockpit before or after a flight onboard SQ?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Hello, are passengers allowed to visit the cockpit before or after a flight onboard SQ?
    I think SQ is particularly strict about cockpit visits now, especially after 9/11. Budget airlines tend to be less strict though; I visited the cockpit of a Jetstar Asia A320 a few years back. But then again, it depends on the cabin and cockpit crew.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
      I think SQ is particularly strict about cockpit visits now, especially after 9/11. Budget airlines tend to be less strict though; I visited the cockpit of a Jetstar Asia A320 a few years back. But then again, it depends on the cabin and cockpit crew.
      Thanks for the reply, so I guess it is more likely that you get to check out business and first class?

Comment

It's always at pilot discretion. I've visited the flight deck post-landing a number of times. Being really passionate about everything SIA related, I always chat to the crew about the airline through the flight. A couple of times I've asked them if it's possible to see the flight deck after landing, and they've happily said they will check with the captain. From my experience, they also are more comfortable if you are a J/F passenger.
        I once did the visit and was travelling in J. At the end of the flight, the crew asked me to sit down in the F cabin for a bit whilst the pilots finished all their checks, and then took me in to speak to them.
        No harm in asking, but make sure you do so before descent, as there is a "no-interruption" period in the cockpit around that time.
        Fly well,
        Travel safe,
        And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
          It's always at pilot discretion. I've visited the flight deck post-landing a number of times. Being really passionate about everything SIA related, I always chat to the crew about the airline through the flight. A couple of times I've asked them if it's possible to see the flight deck after landing, and they've happily said they will check with the captain. From my experience, they also are more comfortable if you are a J/F passenger.
          I once did the visit and was travelling in J. At the end of the flight, the crew asked me to sit down in the F cabin for a bit whilst the pilots finished all their checks, and then took me in to speak to them.
          No harm in asking, but make sure you do so before descent, as there is a "no-interruption" period in the cockpit around that time.
          Ok, thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
          X