New J class on medium range 359 and 781

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New J class on medium range 359 and 781

30 of the Boeing 787-10s will join some of SQ's Airbus A350-900 jets in creating a modernised 'regional' fleet for flights of around eight hours, which will include Australia and the Asia-Pacific circle.
    In January 2016 a Singapore Airlines executive confirmed plans for a medium-range Airbus A350 to Australian Business Traveller, potentially with less emphasis on premium seating than the first ten 10 A350-900s to be delivered this year.
    "The medium-range configuration will not be too different from what we have for long-haul" said Singapore Airlines regional vice-president Mr Tiow Kor Tan, who added that "eventually all (of Singapore Airlines) A330s will be replaced with the A350 medium-haul aircraft in 2017-18-19"
    http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...10-airbus-a350

Thanks for the link, CarbonMan!

The big question on my mind is whether SQ will fit out their 787-10's economy cabins with 9 abreast Y or 8 abreast Y.

Comment

1-2-1 sitting in J is always must appreciated and I do hope that will be the direction with all SIA Plans

yFlyer your question requires the million dollar answer everyone would like to know too (I love this article from runwaygirl - https://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/20...ying-on-a-787/).

I hope SIA goes the ANA way with 2-4-2 rather than QR 3-3-3 as 9 abreast is 17 inch vs 8 inch in 8 abreast. My strong gut feel is 8 abreat as that seems to be SIA model on client experience. Their Y is one of the best out there and going 9 abreast on a 787 would be a drop even for short / medium routes. But only time will tell and we shall wait and see

Comment

Sorry made a typo I meant JAL instead of ANA. ANA only has 1 787 in 8 abreast and the rest in 9 abreast for Y and even that one may soon be 9 abreast

Comment

Working...
        X