Splitting a sector to add stopover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting a sector to add stopover

Ok, I have a current booking SYD - SIN - HKG, with just a 1.5hr layover in SIN. I need to change my SYD-SIN sector to an earlier day (but leave SIN-HKG as is), so that I have at least 24 hours in SIN. However, as it is in one booking, the call centre claim they can't unlink the two sectors and change one. My thinking was that it was possible to do so. It's kinda like changing flights to add a Singapore stopover. Any tips with how to get this done?
    Thanks!
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

That's a bit strange. It is under one PNR but the flights are seperated, hence you are only changing the date on your SYD-SIN sector. I have done this a number of times by calling the call centre with no problems. I suggest trying to call them again or head down to the airport office to sort this out.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      That's a bit strange. It is under one PNR but the flights are seperated, hence you are only changing the date on your SYD-SIN sector. I have done this a number of times by calling the call centre with no problems. I suggest trying to call them again or head down to the airport office to sort this out.
      Thanks so much. Yeah, I think the best method is always: hang up and try again!
      Fly well,
      Travel safe,

Comment

Called SQ again, and they advised they need to charge a reissue fee of $100 in order to do this. I am so surprised. Does it really take this much effort to add a stopover?? Am I missing something?
        Fly well,
        Travel safe,

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
          Called SQ again, and they advised they need to charge a reissue fee of $100 in order to do this. I am so surprised. Does it really take this much effort to add a stopover?? Am I missing something?
          just wondering what is the booking class? Are we talking about the economy? AFAIK certain cheap economy class ticket now have reissuance fee, but it does not apply to the highest (the one that is upgradeable). For the saver one (three weeks stay), it used to be free, but seems there is a reissue fee as well now.

Do they ask for airport tax as well? (that happened if the stopover is more than 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
            just wondering what is the booking class? Are we talking about the economy? AFAIK certain cheap economy class ticket now have reissuance fee, but it does not apply to the highest (the one that is upgradeable). For the saver one (three weeks stay), it used to be free, but seems there is a reissue fee as well now.

Do they ask for airport tax as well? (that happened if the stopover is more than 24 hours

It was all W class, so Flexi Saver. They do have reissue fees I guess. And yes, they said there was some free for changing a normal transit to a stopover.

Nonetheless, I managed to work out another solution, and got everything changed, with a partial refund in fact!

Thanks for your help!!
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
              It was all W class, so Flexi Saver. They do have reissue fees I guess. And yes, they said there was some free for changing a normal transit to a stopover.

Nonetheless, I managed to work out another solution, and got everything changed, with a partial refund in fact!

Thanks for your help!!
              Seperating the ticket into two bookings?
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

If it exceeds 24 hours, you can add in a stopover on a one-way for US$100.

Have done it plenty of times now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  If it exceeds 24 hours, you can add in a stopover on a one-way for US$100.

Have done it plenty of times now.
                  not sure if I am right or wrong, but I did stopover lots of time, but they asked me for S$20 if I exceed 24h. That is on commercial bookings (including my favourite M class - which was replaced by H class now, the three week Flexi Saver).

Have not done stopover with redemption, but I think that USD100 applies to redemption. I am currently looking to redeem ticket with stopover.

Or is it USD100 for commercial booking's stopover other than singapore (munich, barcelona, moscow, tokyo, seoul, etc)?

Which leads me to a question:
                  I am looking to book the following as multi-flight (Economy commercial), but plan to use miles to upgrade. I use this since the flight that I wanted is not coupled (in fact, not listed at all), but all of them are less than 24h (except obviously ICN/TYO which is destination)
                  CGK-SIN
                  SIN-ICN
                  TYO (not sure which one yet)-SIN
                  SIN-CGK

when i try to upgrade, will it be counted as stopover?

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    not sure if I am right or wrong, but I did stopover lots of time, but they asked me for S$20 if I exceed 24h. That is on commercial bookings (including my favourite M class - which was replaced by H class now, the three week Flexi Saver).

Have not done stopover with redemption, but I think that USD100 applies to redemption. I am currently looking to redeem ticket with stopover.

Or is it USD100 for commercial booking's stopover other than singapore (munich, barcelona, moscow, tokyo, seoul, etc)?

Which leads me to a question:
                    I am looking to book the following as multi-flight (Economy commercial), but plan to use miles to upgrade. I use this since the flight that I wanted is not coupled (in fact, not listed at all), but all of them are less than 24h (except obviously ICN/TYO which is destination)
                    CGK-SIN
                    SIN-ICN
                    TYO (not sure which one yet)-SIN
                    SIN-CGK

when i try to upgrade, will it be counted as stopover?
                    If the transit in SIN is less than 24 hours, then should be no problem. If more than 24hr, it's usually 10,000 miles or $100
                    Fly well,
                    Travel safe,

Comment

Working...
                    X