New Safety Video??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Safety Video??!

Came across this on Instagram. Does this mean we'll finally see a new video? Damn, I do hope the standards are lifted a bit. We're a little backward when it comes to safety videos, compared to other carriers.

Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    Came across this on Instagram. Does this mean we'll finally see a new video? Damn, I do hope the standards are lifted a bit. We're a little backward when it comes to safety videos, compared to other carriers
    *seems fine now*
    Last edited by reddevil0728; 17 March 2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Something tells me it could happen. All the time luck has had with me I've always seen a safety video with the products I ride on. So if I fly 2013 products this year may also see a safety video related to that. It's time they give a refresh of it

Comment

The last change coincided with the change in Chief Pilot, who is seen in the video.

Comment

Air New Zealand has the most entertaining Safety Video .... hmmm maybe SIA can come up with a Phua Chu Kang themed video with Gurmit Singh himself being the pilot ... will be super Singaporean (doubt it'll every happen based on SIA's super professionalism image style though) ... but it'll be a blast though hahaha

Comment

The old video featured Capt Gerrard Yeap, who has since retired.

Comment

I swear they don't even try to film in high quality for whatever reason. The current one and the previous one both look a bit grainy/ washed out/ overexposed. All the other carriers are going all out, so it'd be nice to see a really good SQ video for once!
              Although, let's be straight. The safety video doesn't make passengers decide whether or not they fly a particular airline.
              Fly well,
              Travel safe,

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                The old video featured Capt Gerrard Yeap, who has since retired.
                The McCulley version was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                  I swear they don't even try to film in high quality for whatever reason. The current one and the previous one both look a bit grainy/ washed out/ overexposed. All the other carriers are going all out, so it'd be nice to see a really good SQ video for once!
                  Although, let's be straight. The safety video doesn't make passengers decide whether or not they fly a particular airline.
                  I've swung to NZ because of their safety video

Comment

I heard that they had wanted to do something new about 3-4 years ago but budget cuts didn't make it happen.

Comment

I still like the previous version with its B772 purple interior. Maybe I'm being nostalgic for the days when flying SQ was a special thing for me, before I became addicted to long-haul flying (partly due to hanging out here too often!)...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        I still like the previous version with its B772 purple interior. Maybe I'm being nostalgic for the days when flying SQ was a special thing for me, before I became addicted to long-haul flying (partly due to hanging out here too often!)...
                        Same here. It was back in the time when haagen dazs ice cream is regularly (if not always) served. I hated the current ice cream selection (especially those in cones as i managed to get my hands dirty), but occassionally still got haagen dazs. I am talking about economy class.

And also the safety video.... One of the best back then... Especially loved how the phrase "even if you may have seen it before" is said.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                          Same here. It was back in the time when haagen dazs ice cream is regularly (if not always) served. I hated the current ice cream selection (especially those in cones as i managed to get my hands dirty), but occassionally still got haagen dazs. I am talking about economy class.

And also the safety video.... One of the best back then... Especially loved how the phrase "even if you may have seen it before" is said.
                          I know right. How about the safety video before the "even if you may have seen it before..."? I remember seeing it, but remember very little about it except for "Welcome onboard Singapore Airlines...." by a stewardess. Unfortunately cannot find that one on YT and that was something I asked about from an earlier thread (The one from the 90's or sometime in the early 2000's)

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            I know right. How about the safety video before the "even if you may have seen it before..."? I remember seeing it, but remember very little about it except for "Welcome onboard Singapore Airlines...." by a stewardess. Unfortunately cannot find that one on YT and that was something I asked about from an earlier thread (The one from the 90's or sometime in the early 2000's)
                            Wow, would love to see the one before this! I've only ever seen this and the current one. If anyone has access to a copy, please share it!!
                            Fly well,
                            Travel safe,

Comment

It's always been on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/SXbN5H7KBLA

Comment

Working...
                              X