Express Pass on US bound SQ flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Express Pass on US bound SQ flights?

Despite travelling to the US pretty often, I don’t recall being given an Express Pass for immigration when getting into the US. Can someone confirm that there isn't such a thing? I have an ABTC but will be without one for a while as my passport is new hence was wondering. TIA.

Are you referring to Global Entry?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Are you referring to Global Entry?

Nope. I'm referring to the Express Pass like those issued on AU bound flights where you can use the expedited immigration queue upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
        Nope. I'm referring to the Express Pass like those issued on AU bound flights where you can use the expedited immigration queue upon arrival.
        There's no similar thing for entry into the USA as you might find in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          There's no similar thing for entry into the USA as you might find in Australia.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

Despite travelling to the US pretty often, I don’t recall being given an Express Pass for immigration when getting into the US. Can someone confirm that there isn't such a thing? I have an ABTC but will be without one for a while as my passport is new hence was wondering. TIA.
            There ain't any inbound. However there are outbound priority queues.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              There ain't any inbound. However there are outbound priority queues.
              I think the OP was referring to immigration queues, not security. There's no exit immigration in the US!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I think the OP was referring to immigration queues, not security. There's no exit immigration in the US!
                Ah so.

Comment

Hi, i know with the ABTC we can use the US Citizens line. However, if my family is with me, will I still be able to use that line ? Would appreciate if anyone who has tried it before can share ? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                    Hi, i know with the ABTC we can use the US Citizens line. However, if my family is with me, will I still be able to use that line ? Would appreciate if anyone who has tried it before can share ? Thanks !
                    US immigration officers are more sticklers and I've ever only brought a +1 when in the US.

Comment

US immigration officers are more sticklers and I've ever only brought a +1 when in the US.
                      even if its young kids ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                        even if its young kids ?

No experience on that so can't advise. Pretty sure it's fine if the kids are infants/in prams but no idea for older kids. At the worst they'll send you back to the regular queue so no real harm trying I guess.

Comment

Can non-US passport holders with E-passports just use an electronic gate when entering the USA?

Or do we all have to queue up in the long immigration lines?

Comment

The last second time I went through LAX, I was able to use the automated machine.... but then after the machine you will still have to q to be seen by an officer..... so the last time I passed through LAX, there were not much people in the normal lines, I just joined in......

The last time I passed through MEL in Nov.... I used the automated lines and it was quick and easy..... but the custom lines were longgggggggg..... btw, I hold a Singapore passport....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              The last time I passed through MEL in Nov.... I used the automated lines and it was quick and easy..... but the custom lines were longgggggggg..... btw, I hold a Singapore passport....
                              Was it on SQ227? I find it to be the worst for queues because so many flights arrive into MEL around 07:00, many A380s. All the other SQ flights seem to arrive when the place is empty.

I never knew there was a priority lane for incoming passengers at MEL. If the voucher is distributed in F and J cabins, that would be why as being a KFEG loses its benefits once you board the flight!

Comment

Working...
                              X