Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed flight - missing connection and compensation

Hello everyone

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm asking on behalf of my mom and sister. They were travelling together to AMS, with my mom starting her trip in SUB and then meeting my sis in SIN to fly together to AMS. All flights are on SQ.

The SUB-SIN flight was delayed by more than 2 hours, resulting in my mom missing her flight to AMS. She was then rebooked to the next day. My sister decided to rebook as well to the next day in order to be able to accompany my mom who doesn't speak any English or Dutch.

SQ staff in SIN couldn't rebook them to any other airline for whatever reason, and for the inconviniences caused, my mom was offered a room, and meal vouchers...nothing else..

Is this the standard compensation or can they expect more?

Thank you in advance.

Pretty standard. Of course you can write to customer affairs (send feedback via website) if something wasn't handled well, but she got a hotel room and food vouchers which is,what she should have gotten. Of course it is not great to be stuck and loose a day, but for any additional compensation she should use her travel insurance (if she had one).

Comment

Some credit cards also come with travel insurance. Would be worth it to check on the ones used to pay for the trip.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
      X