Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ chooses Thales IFE for a350

Just saw this .....

[TOULOUSE] Singapore Airlines Ltd picked Thales SA to provide in-flight entertainment systems and Internet connections for passengers on its newest widebody long-range plane, the Airbus Group SE A350.

The deal is an important milestone in Thales' push to become number one in in-flight entertainment systems, chairman Patrice Caine said Tuesday at the Singapore Airshow.

Mr Caine declined to say how many planes would be equipped with Thales' systems, saying Singapore Air had asked for confidentiality. He also declined to specify the value of the contract, calling it "sensitive."

Until now, Singapore Air had used Japan's Panasonic as key supplier for cabin entertainment systems. Singapore Air is widely seen as a global leader in providing passengers with the latest technologies and comfort.

BLOOMBERG

I thought they was going to use Panasonic? Unless the first 20 will be something else?

https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne120912.jsp

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...oducts-388062/

Comment

Yup as the poster said, thought they would install Panasonic like the 77WNs. Also, doesn't Thales have the 2D maps? Correct me if I am wrong but I did hear that somewhere. Also thought like the 77WR and one 77WN the 350's will have 3D maps

Comment

I think the Thales systems are only for the regional A350s, if we read between the lines. However, since the Panasonic systems have only been ordered for the first 20, one wonders what system will end up on the remaining A350s...

I know which I'd personally prefer (unless they've improved tremendously)...

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          Yup as the poster said, thought they would install Panasonic like the 77WNs. Also, doesn't Thales have the 2D maps? Correct me if I am wrong but I did hear that somewhere. Also thought like the 77WR and one 77WN the 350's will have 3D maps
          For what it's worth on the A350 QR goes with Thales as well, Finnair and Vietnam Airlines are both Panasonic.

Comment

Air Canada went to Thales and it was a disaster.

They are moving back to Panasonic

Bad move SQ

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
              For what it's worth on the A350 QR goes with Thales as well, Finnair and Vietnam Airlines are both Panasonic.
              Just watched a small clip about the map used in the Thales IFE on QR. The map is 3D, but honestly, comparing it with a SQ clip on their 77WR, SQ's map looks a LOT better.
              Last edited by SQfanatic; 17 February 2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I used the Thales demo system at the airshow. It seemed slow... anyone else?

Comment

The Thales IFE is pathetic

Comment

Working...
                  X