Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are conflicting bookings automatically canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are conflicting bookings automatically canceled?

I made a KrisFlyer award that goes SFO-SIN-CGK but later I decided I'm only going as far as SIN.

I then booked another award SIN-BOM. I'm not quite sure I will do this yet and may cancel it.

If I do nothing, will the SQ system figure it out and boot me off one of my bookings?

I understand it's not nice to hold an award that one is not planning to use, I just need a couple of days to decide.

TY.

Originally posted by asheli View Post
    I made a KrisFlyer award that goes SFO-SIN-CGK but later I decided I'm only going as far as SIN.

I then booked another award SIN-BOM. I'm not quite sure I will do this yet and may cancel it.

If I do nothing, will the SQ system figure it out and boot me off one of my bookings?

I understand it's not nice to hold an award that one is not planning to use, I just need a couple of days to decide.

TY.
    I wouldn't be relying on a booking system to be that intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by asheli View Post

TY.
      To answer your question, I have been called by some SQ agents about duplicate bookings before.

But in most cases, duplicate bookings stay on for awhile.

The one that is an issue if it is duplicate in the same PNR (different flights but same sectors and both confirmed and in the same PNR). In this case, one of them will drop automatically. Happened to me before.

In your case, You should have called in to change the last sector from CGK to BOM. You would have saved quite a fair bit of miles. I had done it many times before and with 15% still honoured even because your hands are tied in this where online is not do-able. It's called rerouting.

Example I had recently changes AMS-SIN-CGK to AMS-SIN-NRT. i just topped up 17K for this (in F)

Comment

Thanks guys, I called in and dropped the segment.

Comment

Working...
        X