New Business Class Seats and Wifi on 777 - 300 ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Business Class Seats and Wifi on 777 - 300 ER

Hi...I am sure this has probably been answered before but I have not been able to find an answer. Just wondering how many 777 300 ERs have the new Business Class Seats and wifi on board. I am flying it next week on SQ 910 and SQ 917 and was curious of the chances of getting a plane with either or both of the above.

There are 12 777-300ERs that have the new business class seats - six have premium economy, six don't. However, barring a last-minute hardware substitution the SQ 910/917 flight pair will not get the new seats. Based on a Flightradar24 check the new business cabins are generally not used on regional (SE Asia) flights, except for HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
      There are 12 777-300ERs that have the new business class seats - six have premium economy, six don't. However, barring a last-minute hardware substitution the SQ 910/917 flight pair will not get the new seats. Based on a Flightradar24 check the new business cabins are generally not used on regional (SE Asia) flights, except for HKG.
      Do we have an upto date list of registrations please?

Comment

910/917 generally does not get them. 1 1/2 weeks ago whiskey yankee made a run up there, and that's about it in the last 21 days i think,

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          Do we have an upto date list of registrations please?
          I'm not 100% sure, but this is the list based on other threads here:

77WN:
          • 9V-SWU
          • 9V-SWV
          • 9V-SWW
          • 9V-SWY
          • 9V-SWZ
          • 9V-SNA

77WR:
          • 9V-SWJ
          • 9V-SWK
          • 9V-SWL
          • 9V-SWM
          • 9V-SWN
          • 9V-SNB

I'm not 100% if SWN has been refitted, but it was on the ground for the right amount of time (five weeks) and since its return to service has flown confirmed PEY flight numbers.

As for planes in refit, SNC is believed to be undergoing seat installation. Based on FR24 data I didn't see any other 77Ws that have been on the ground long enough to be considered in refit.

Comment

There's a Wifi thread on here and a list of regs that do have wifi:

SWA, D, E, F, O do not have Wifi whereas rest of 77Ws have.

Also, keep in mind the types of wifi offered. 77WN - Time based T-Mobile/Panasonic Wifi, 77W (Old) that are fitted have OnAir which is volume based. I don't know about 77WR but I still presume it has T-Mobile

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              There's a Wifi thread on here and a list of regs that do have wifi:

SWA, D, E, F, O do not have Wifi whereas rest of 77Ws have.

Also, keep in mind the types of wifi offered. 77WN - Time based T-Mobile/Panasonic Wifi, 77W (Old) that are fitted have OnAir which is volume based. I don't know about 77WR but I still presume it has T-Mobile
              I just flew on SWK which is now 77WR and its volume based....so I didn't use it, and they gave out some free 15MB cards, but many pax were complaining of connection problems. I guess the wifi isn't updated.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                I just flew on SWK which is now 77WR and its volume based....so I didn't use it, and they gave out some free 15MB cards, but many pax were complaining of connection problems. I guess the wifi isn't updated.
                But at one point SWK is Wifi/time based because it was a 77WT. What about 77Ws that are 77WR like SWL, M, N, and SNB if anyone?

Comment

I think only the newer birds (SWU onwards) have the T-mobile time-based wifi. The other birds (even if refurbished) would have kept whatever system they had before (either the volume-based one if fitted, or none if not fitted).

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                    I think only the newer birds (SWU onwards) have the T-mobile time-based wifi. The other birds (even if refurbished) would have kept whatever system they had before (either the volume-based one if fitted, or none if not fitted).
                    That is my understanding also. The refit to the seats doesn't include a refit to wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      That is my understanding also. The refit to the seats doesn't include a refit to wifi.
                      According to the reg list of 77W with Wifi, all 77WR have Wifi (Even before they got refitted). However, if any not the Wifi list, so far it is still fitted with old products.

I hope by next year or so, Wifi is all across the 77W fleet (especially 77WRs), and hope it is time-based.
                      Last edited by SQfanatic; 8 December 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

How about SNB? That's a 77WR too

Comment

SNB should have the time-based T-mobile system. The inflight wifi system onboard is not dependent on the configuration - they basically keep whatever system they had/have and the refit does not include a change in the inflight wifi system.

Comment

As long as more non-Wifi 77W get refitted in the future, hopefully they will have OnAir with a time based system.

When I thought they were refitting 77Ws, they upgraded KrisWorld to the newest entertainment system but Was expecting Wifi to be upgraded on the 77WRs. Hope OnAir will offer a time based system on all 77Ws (both 77WR and 77WN) in the future

When the poster mentioned about SWK having volume based, I can remember flying SWK in 2010 without Wifi (SFO-SIN via HKG in November) but no Wifi, which later got offered.

Comment

SNB should have the time-based T-mobile system. The inflight wifi system onboard is not dependent on the configuration - they basically keep whatever system they had/have and the refit does not include a change in the inflight wifi system.
                              I will also assume SNC also has T-Mobile Wifi too for that particular reason you stated. So it sounds like SWO, initially without Wifi will be refitted without Wifi? That sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X