Update on PE launch date JFK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on PE launch date JFK?

I see that SFO and LAX are now booking SQ PE. Does anyone know when SQ PE booking will open up for JFK-SIN? I think it was announced JFK upgrade to PE would be delayed a "short" while.

Hi...i just joined to vent a little about PE. I am a PPS member who flies a mixture of economy and business on about 60-80 flights a year. Living in Indonesia i have always preferred SQ but found some of the policies (such as a special PPS catagory) infuriating. I now feel that way with PE which i have tried 2 times (both on flights to India).
    Overall the price seems to be much closer to that of business class (or the old business class pricing which is harder to get now - all seem to be higher categories only).
    The seat offering of 2/4/2 is poor. Imaging paying all that extra money and ending up in the middle of a 4 row!!! I know id much prefer an isle or window economy if that was the case.
    Booking on the website is a disaster now because of PE. It may work if PE is available on all sectors or if you start from Singapore but for the rest of us it doesnt work!
    The seats themselves are ok. They dont go back very far and i personally hate the foot rests that just take up extra space. The meal and drinks package are nothing special. Possibly the only good thing is the TV screen which is superb, but i know that SQ have never been good at looking after these so im sure it will age quickly with scratches etc

Overall i dont advise PE unless you can somehow get a great deal on it. It really is only worth about 10% more than economy in my mind.

Comment

@uk101. To be honest, those are my opinion as well. That applies especially to 380. Imo, half-baked renewal programme still using the old ife and old remote (which stuck in its holder). That was 9vski seat 35k. Prefer the 77w but with that price, not worth it. Rathet go to business class

Comment

Launch Date

Originally posted by Baltorep View Post
        I see that SFO and LAX are now booking SQ PE. Does anyone know when SQ PE booking will open up for JFK-SIN? I think it was announced JFK upgrade to PE would be delayed a "short" while.
        Sorry for the late reply

According to www.siapremiumeconomy.com , flights start from 30 July 2016. The seats are also now available for booking.

Comment

Working...
        X