SQ218 27 Oct 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ218 27 Oct 2015

Just so happen that our work place a false alarm we're all evacuated. While outside saw a SQ bird took off at around 9.45am from rwy 18 which is not scheduled. Took out my phone and check Flight radar app and showed it as SQ218. That's nearly 9 hour delay.

The bird was 9V-SWU which arrived a few hours earlier as SQ227. The original aircraft which should have been SQ218 was 9V-SWQ.

SQ228 is now operated by 9V-SWQ. I'm guessing there much be some tech issue. Wonder what happened there?

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
    Just so happen that our work place a false alarm we're all evacuated. While outside saw a SQ bird took off at around 9.45am from rwy 18 which is not scheduled. Took out my phone and check Flight radar app and showed it as SQ218. That's nearly 9 hour delay.

The bird was 9V-SWU which arrived a few hours earlier as SQ227. The original aircraft which should have been SQ218 was 9V-SWQ.

SQ228 is now operated by 9V-SWQ. I'm guessing there much be some tech issue. Wonder what happened there?
    Wow, that's really delayed- 8.5 hours... I suspect a hotel somewhere near us may have done quite well out of that misfortune!

I don't know how I feel about you pinching my 77WN and dumping a broken 77W on me before you flew out, SQ218

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I don't know how I feel about you pinching my 77WN and dumping a broken 77W on me before you flew out, SQ218
      haha I hope I get a 77WN when I fly out on SQ218 in a few months and on time

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
        haha I hope I get a 77WN when I fly out on SQ218 in a few months and on time
        I'm on SQ228 in a few months. Looking forward to trying New F (Award). Will be annoyed if gets swapped out for old F! On the other hand, won't complain if seasonal upgauge to A380.

Comment

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
          I'm on SQ228 in a few months. Looking forward to trying New F (Award). Will be annoyed if gets swapped out for old F! On the other hand, won't complain if seasonal upgauge to A380.
          Unlikely to see a seasonal upgauge. Even a month ago, all seats in Y across all flights leaving MEL for about 5 days either side of Xmas were sold out. If they had an A380 and not much to do with it, I think they would have redeployed it by now. I just did a search on a one way flight MEL-SIN and there is zero Y availability on any day between 10DEC and 31DEC.

It was so bad a month ago when I booked that I ended up getting a fare out of BNE and then independently buying a VA ticket MEL-BNE. If there's a spare seat anywhere on SQ228, it will be near you!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Unlikely to see a seasonal upgauge. Even a month ago, all seats in Y across all flights leaving MEL for about 5 days either side of Xmas were sold out. If they had an A380 and not much to do with it, I think they would have redeployed it by now. I just did a search on a one way flight MEL-SIN and there is zero Y availability on any day between 10DEC and 31DEC.

It was so bad a month ago when I booked that I ended up getting a fare out of BNE and then independently buying a VA ticket MEL-BNE. If there's a spare seat anywhere on SQ228, it will be near you!

Comment

Working...
            X