Scoot to take over Jeddah flights from SIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
    Does SQ currently have 5th freedom rights on DXB-JED v.v.?

But come to think of it, regardless of whether SQ have or does not have the 5ths, TZ's entry with a non-stop 335-seater B787-8 represents a huge jump in SIN-JED end-to-end traffic! Presumably, there should be a decent load of DXB-bound/originating pax on SQ490/491... JED is presumably low-yielding, but is it even a high-volume route during non-Hajj periods? My assumption is this was the best way for SQ to stop bleeding money on the route, but JED will bleed anyway (albeit slightly less?) with TZ. I don't think TZ can market JED as a fun enough leisure destination like how they currently do for destinations in their current network.

The Singapore Airlines Group has so drastically cut its ME-NA presence.

Kuwait City, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, and Cairo are all gone. Mainline is reduced to a single daily service to Dubai. But I'm not even sure if any of the four can even sustain TZ service.

Your thoughts?
    Not good, DXB never was a premium route thats what surprises me most, couldnt even susptain new biz product configured 772, and Sccot should have been flying along side SQ to JED had SQ managed to create demand for itself, not replacing it.

In the past there was also Bahrain, Dhahran and Tehran.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
      Not good, DXB never was a premium route thats what surprises me most, couldnt even susptain new biz product configured 772, and Sccot should have been flying along side SQ to JED had SQ managed to create demand for itself, not replacing it.

In the past there was also Bahrain, Dhahran and Tehran.
      I honestly won't be very surprised if DXB eventually becomes a Scoot destination, to be coupled with Tehran-IKA or ATH if they get 5th freedom rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
        I honestly won't be very surprised if DXB eventually becomes a Scoot destination, to be coupled with Tehran-IKA or ATH if they get 5th freedom rights.
        Wow, IKA is a bold prediction!

SQ seems to have little to no interest in Central Asia though. They haven't even bothered to codeshare TSE, ALA, GYD, TAS or TBS. I know traffic volumes would be slight, but TK could set them up with so many more destinations in the region to compete with QR, EK and EY. If they are prepared to codeshare OUA, I find it hard to believe that some Central Asian destinations couldn't be as worthwhile to ask TK to provide a link to.

Comment

I think DXB gets enough premium traffic to justify an SQ flight.

I'm hoping for TZ flights to ATH, CAI and FCO.

Comment

Working...
          X