Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...oute/79482402/
    Looks like UA is starting non stop flights SFO to SIN. Any idea why SQ can't do this with 77W. I did not think B789 had as much range as 77W, perhaps I am mistaken.
    SQ could have considered the 789 for ULH routes, at least for LAX depending on the range of course. Honestly, happy to hear UA is starting SFO-SIN route. I wouldn't mind trying it nonstop one time in several years from now, however, like my parents, somehow we prefer stops as 16.5 hours can seem too long in a plane, let alone EK's SFO-DXB-SFO which can be about 16 hours (For others it can definitely save time), plus SQ's service is the best no doubt. IMHO, UA's service is pretty good in domestic routes from my experience.

Comment

• UA on an ULH flight with the ridiculous number of seats they squeeze into theIr Biz cabins? No thank you, I rather accept the stop and have much better seat and service on the likes of SQ, NH, BR or even OZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
        UA on an ULH flight with the ridiculous number of seats they squeeze into theIr Biz cabins? No thank you, I rather accept the stop and have much better seat and service on the likes of SQ, NH, BR or even OZ.
        I never said that about SQ. I said only for domestic US routes UA is pretty good. I would prefer not to try UA international at all. SQ beats most international carriers I have flown on. Besides judging by the 787 it looks cramped and I prefer a 77W over that for long haul at least

Comment

• This is from a journalist at the A350 delivery event:

http://www.twitter.com/SpaethFlies/s...93477227114497

Confirms what we already knew from the size of the A350-900ULR order: there will be a third non-stop US destination in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
            This is from a journalist at the A350 delivery event:

Confirms what we already knew from the size of the A350-900ULR order: there will be a third non-stop US destination in 2018.
            That third non-stop is so far off!

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              That third non-stop is so far off!

Comment

• Likely candidates for making use of the A350?

We know Amsterdam, Düsseldorf and "third us destination"

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                  This is from a journalist at the A350 delivery event:

Guess that rules out YVR and YYZ as potential non-stop destinations for SQ's A350-900ULR...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                    Likely candidates for making use of the A350?

Maybe ORD or SJC

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                      Likely candidates for making use of the A350?

You're mixing regular and ULR destinations!

The destinations for the regular long-haul A350 are AMS, then DUS, then so far the information coming through suggests some/all of GRU, BCN and MXP flights. After that we expect other destinations currently served by 772ER such as CPH and IST, or a possible splitting of MUC and MAN. Time will tell.

The "third" destination being discussed is a third US non-stop direct flight using the ULR variant which Airbus haven't commenced production of yet. We know SQ will reintroduce LAX and EWR, but the third destination is unknown- there will be a third but nobody knows yet where it will be to as yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        We know SQ will reintroduce LAX and EWR, but the third destination is unknown- there will be a third but nobody knows yet where it will be to as yet.
                        The third destination is known, just not officially announced yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I get the impressionit is an open secret?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            You're mixing regular and ULR destinations!

The destinations for the regular long-haul A350 are AMS, then DUS, then so far the information coming through suggests some/all of GRU, BCN and MXP flights. After that we expect other destinations currently served by 772ER such as CPH and IST, or a possible splitting of MUC and MAN. Time will tell.

The "third" destination being discussed is a third US non-stop direct flight using the ULR variant which Airbus haven't commenced production of yet. We know SQ will reintroduce LAX and EWR, but the third destination is unknown- there will be a third but nobody knows yet where it will be to as yet.

For selfish reasons I would like to see changes to the MAN\MUC route, but a general expansion into Europe is to be welcomed.

Beautiful aircraft - I look forward to travelling on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              As in, we assume they've made the decision already but it's top secret, or as in people definitely know already and said people should start dropping some hints on here? Help me out...

Comment

• Seriously, if anyone can Figure it Out, its you lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X