Your gate to BKK is in Terminal 1, please use the Skytrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your gate to BKK is in Terminal 1, please use the Skytrain

No it's wasn't a wind up, and yes it's a first for me. D40 for my SQ976 a couple of weeks ago!.

It's a 'flexi-gate' apparently, as I presume is D41 where I saw a TR flight was departing from.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    No it's wasn't a wind up, and yes it's a first for me. D40 for my SQ976 a couple of weeks ago!.

It's a 'flexi-gate' apparently, as I presume is D41 where I saw a TR flight was departing from.
    Not the first time i've seen this - couple of weeks ago i flew Oman Air (which supposedly departs from T3) and got a mild shock when i saw gate C20 on the boarding pass.

Comment

Have seen one SQ A330at gate C over in T1 like 2 months ago and a SQ B773 over at Gate D in T1 just a few weeks back.

Comment

I'd be annoyed, but better than the occasional bus gates one gets at most other airports...

Comment

It is normal that Singapore Airlines departed from gate D40 as gate D40 is considered a flexi-gate shared by both Terminals 1 and 2. It is also not surprising that gates at Terminal 1 are used by Singapore Airlines as a remote stand. It has happened a few times already. I have personally seen Oman AIr use a remote stand just off gates C17-20 from the Viewing mall at Terminal 1. I've also seen TigerAir use a remote stand, right infront of North Cross 3 and Terminal 1's Central Apron, as a departure gate. This is a common move by Changi Airport so as to free up the gates for other flights.

Here's an example of Terminal's gates being used as remote stands:

At Gate D34, Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-312ER, registration of 9V-SWD, caught on 9th September:

At Gate D32, Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-212ER, registration of 9V-SVF, caught on 9th September:
          Last edited by 9V-SNA; 17 September 2015, 02:53 PM. Reason: resized image

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            Have seen one SQ A330at gate C over in T1 like 2 months ago and a SQ B773 over at Gate D in T1 just a few weeks back.

I came in TG to T1 a week or two ago, parking at C and next to a SQ as well. I assumed it was a "storage" slot.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              I'd be annoyed, but better than the occasional bus gates one gets at most other airports...
              Totally agree with you on that one! After the last LH A320 flight I was on, when we were deplaned at FRA and literally forced onto a single bus by a driver who couldn't seem to speak either English or German (while the LH staff disappeared and refused to help with the chaos), I've decided it's the last time I'm changing planes at FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                Totally agree with you on that one! After the last LH A320 flight I was on, when we were deplaned at FRA and literally forced onto a single bus by a driver who couldn't seem to speak either English or German (while the LH staff disappeared and refused to help with the chaos), I've decided it's the last time I'm changing planes at FRA.
                FRA is still heaps better than CDG!
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Point taken, I can think of no way to disagree with that statement!

Comment

Yea. Saw SQ116 departing from D41 last week.

Comment

Have used D40 on SQ998 to Yangoon

Comment

even stranger as have seen Tiger air using T1 twice in the last few weeks.

Comment

I've seen SQ use D40 and D41 quite a bit over the years, most likely due to the fact that these gates are close to T2. I've seen a similar thing with T3 airlines such as 9W using the nearby C gates.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          even stranger as have seen Tiger air using T1 twice in the last few weeks.
                          Probably just like old times then, as Tiger originally operated out of T1 when it first started IIRC, before the former Budget Terminal was opened.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            I wasn't annoyed, I enjoy long walks at Changi hence regularly walking from T2 to T3 and vv. And SQ328 always seems to go from B8, 9 or 10 when I am on it. I just hadn't gone from there on SQ before, and the white ladies at F check-in made a point of telling me to use the train.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                            They're both crap, same as that parallel airfield in West London....

Comment

Working...
                            X