SEATING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEATING

At times, it is difficult to able to choose a seat on SQ flights as they are blocked - this is despite being Elite Gold member for some time. I have to call KrisFlyer Membership Service and only reply I get is my request will be forwarded to the appropriate dept. At time, my spouse and I travel on same flight but on different booking - would like to seat next to each other. This is also impossible and always on request. I have seen many times when couples & families have been separated.

We are flying from Singapore to Perth in 2 weeks. I emailed customer service and got a reply that my spouse should contact them to authorise me to discuss with SQ regarding seating - this is despite our bookings have been linked for the flight. No where in the reply does it state how my spouse should contact them - via telephone call or email. I have replied to the email asking them regarding this and am still waiting for a reply.

This problem has worsened after Qantas stopped using Singapore as a hub and moved to Dubai. Somehow, it seems that priority is given to Aus passengers.

Try checking online exactly 4 days (or 5 days) before your flight. Normally many seats open up for selection then. Worst case, go to the airport very early and ask the agent at the counter for your choice of seat.

Comment

Originally posted by CHANDARIA View Post
      This problem has worsened after Qantas stopped using Singapore as a hub and moved to Dubai. Somehow, it seems that priority is given to Aus passengers.
      Maybe coincidence. I'm Australian, Elite Gold, and always travel alone. I can't get access to blocked seats in Y.

Blocked out sections on flights to Australia have been larger in the past year or so and is generally due to reserving space for group bookings. I can only pick my own seat when I book months and months in advance. When I check 2 weeks before the flight, absolutely nothing is available to select in advance- you have to wait until online check-in opens usually.

Comment

A certain number of seats are blocked off and view-able only by PPS members and will only open up 48 hours prior to departure.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
          A certain number of seats are blocked off and view-able only by PPS members and will only open up 48 hours prior to departure.
          Usually upfront I think, rows 33, 34, 35. Even TPP don't get access to 31 and 32 for some reason ... maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Usually upfront I think, rows 33, 34, 35. Even TPP don't get access to 31 and 32 for some reason ... maybe it's just me.
            Yeah it's the upfront seats that they block. Never tried 31 or 32 in case there is a wailing baby up front which ear plugs plus noise cancelling headset still can't drown out so mid 30s are my choice picks.

Comment

Even though I am KF Blue, when I attempted to check-in a few months or even a few weeks before departure, all seats were blocked on the Android app, but on my laptop, only the front most seats without a window were available. Wonder if it's been like that for higher level members (I could be wrong).

However, came 2 days before departure and plenty of seats opened, even including my preferred window seat. I'm sure you should get plenty of seats available to choose from from 48 hours prior to departure. GL.

Comment

Working...
              X