SQ833 SKR fuel pump issue at Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ833 SKR fuel pump issue at Shanghai

Due to fuel pump issue SQ833 at turn back to terminal before take off ,we all onboard are from 1615hrs till now 2210hrs no dinner server not allow to get down .
    The idiot captain keep telling 45 minutes and again and again since 1700hrs
    Don't really understand what point he holding all people onboard already 6 hrs but still don't have departure timing

ouch! not sure about China but in the USA there tarmac maximum rules that apply. Hope you get away or get off soon!

Comment

Yeah finally ready to take off at 2315hrs .
      Dunno what SQ going to compansiive all onboard passenger , anyone have the ideal ?
      Thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by wfs View Post
        Yeah finally ready to take off at 2315hrs .
        Dunno what SQ going to compansiive all onboard passenger , anyone have the ideal ?
        Thanks you
        Oh dear, I feel sorry for you. They will probably give all the passengers a KrisShop voucher for use on the next flight.

I'm pretty sure they would have served light snacks and drinks on the ground during the delay, but definitely not a full meal. My flight from LHR was delayed for about an hour last time due to heavy fog, and they were handing out biscuits and juices to everyone. But then again, service standards might have changed since then.

Regarding the deplaning of passengers, if the captain had known it would have taken a long time to resolve the issue, then he would have requested for passengers to be deplaned. Perhaps there was a lack of gates, or the issue took longer than expected to be resolved? Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Finally take off at 0015hrs after 8 hrs sitting onboard
          Land at changi at 0500 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by wfs View Post
            Finally take off at 0015hrs after 8 hrs sitting onboard
            Land at changi at 0500 hrs
            I'm sure business class passengers were enjoying themselves.
            Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
              And those in Suites even more...!

Comment

Unfortunate. My total guess based on nothing :-) would be that the time to fix was not certain, but likely to be tight in terms of crew duty. Offloading passengers and having to reload may well have added further delay pushing the crew over duty limits and therefore cancellation. Tough luck, but better to get somewhere late than no where at all.

In EU I think you'd get a full refund. In China, I expect at best a voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                  Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                  And those in Suites even more...!
                  In what possible way is it enjoyable to be sat on an aircraft on the tarmac for 8 hours ?.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                    Unfortunate. My total guess based on nothing :-) would be that the time to fix was not certain, but likely to be tight in terms of crew duty. Offloading passengers and having to reload may well have added further delay pushing the crew over duty limits and therefore cancellation. Tough luck, but better to get somewhere late than no where at all.

In EU I think you'd get a full refund. In China, I expect at best a voucher.
                    It should be a airline practices. Near 3 hours, there should be a meal voucher especially passing meal time.
                    Several years back, We get meal while aircraft is still on the ground on a UA flight. That was due to heavy snow at Tokyo airport.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      In what possible way is it enjoyable to be sat on an aircraft on the tarmac for 8 hours ?.
                      Enjoying inflight service even other airlines talk about. Minus the full meal service, minus the fun of seeing your flight progress on the IFE. Basically just enjoying the hardware, ie. the seats and the beds.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                        Enjoying inflight service even other airlines talk about. Minus the full meal service, minus the fun of seeing your flight progress on the IFE. Basically just enjoying the hardware, ie. the seats and the beds.
                        I agree with Man Flyer. If you are genuinely an AVGEEK, more time on the plane, enjoying the service and everything around the cabins is just plane awesome!

An indescribable feeling, but only the true fanatics would be able to relate with.

Comment

As much as I enjoy flying, the thought of spending 8 hours on the ground sitting on an aircraft waiting for something to happen (whether in F, J or Y) isn't something I'd enjoy.

If I've got work to do I'd rather be at my desk with WiFi and have everything I need around me. If I need to sleep I'd rather be in a proper bed without the cabin noise, lights and people walking up and down the aisle. If I want downtime I'd prefer to be at home or out with friends, not spending 13 hours on a 5 hour flight.
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                            I agree with Man Flyer. If you are genuinely an AVGEEK, more time on the plane, enjoying the service and everything around the cabins is just plane awesome!

An indescribable feeling, but only the true fanatics would be able to relate with.
                            Err, I don't think you do agree with me. I am saying it would be a PITA to be stuck on the aircraft, whatever cabin you are in. A heavily delayed flight means missing flight connections, meetings, family events or whatever else you planned your day around your supposed ETA. I would bet almost everyone in J and F feels the same way.

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

As much as I enjoy flying, the thought of spending 8 hours on the ground sitting on an aircraft waiting for something to happen (whether in F, J or Y) isn't something I'd enjoy.

If I've got work to do I'd rather be at my desk with WiFi and have everything I need around me. If I need to sleep I'd rather be in a proper bed without the cabin noise, lights and people walking up and down the aisle. If I want downtime I'd prefer to be at home or out with friends, not spending 13 hours on a 5 hour flight.
                            Quite.

Comment

Working...
                            X