Special Requests Inflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Requests Inflight

Granted they don't extend far to low status and in economy, but in First/ Suites and with PPS, how accommodating are they with special requests? Things like particular foods or drinks or whatever.

I once tried requesting a specific type of yoghurt to be uplifted to a First flight from SIN to SYD, although probably not the best idea seeing as it was an Australian product. They took down the name and said they would try to get it onboard, but didn't in the end (it was for a family member, but I do feel that if I had requested something accessible in Singapore they would have accommodated).

So what sorts of special requests have you made (of any kind, not exclusively food and beverage), and what has been the success rate? Cabin class and status?
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

In Y on SQ426 (SIN-BOM, they've since rolled this into the A380, SQ424) I used to ask if I could have dinner later on as the flight used to depart at 6PM and a 6:30/6:45PM SGT dinner service was far too early with the remaining 4 hours of flight, immigration queues and traffic into the downtown.

I've never been turned down by leading or chief crew, some empathise. The junior crew tend to hesitate but usually double check on their own accord and they accommodate my request.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I had "booked the cook" (vegetarian) and wanted to get a vegetarian starter. The success rate was 50/50.

Did hear from an in-flight supervisor that there are passengers from business class who wanted the drinks (wine and champagne) from first class

Comment

Working...
      X